Improvements you want the most!

Post your suggestions here

Improvements you want the most!

Big visual improvements (eg. Using an engine to produce wind etc.)
4%
New rider bone structure
12%
450 ccm Bikes
25%
New Rider movements
46%
Different Texture system ( stacking textures with possibility to change boots, brace, etc. )
5%
New Menu
3%
Externel Programs (eg. Better editor)
6%

Total votes: 133

mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Re: Improvements you want the most!

Post by mace-x »

lol
that´s so true, now it´s a pain in the ass to do them, and they are not even dynamic. :evil:
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

We will never have track object shadows rendered dynamically. At this stage, just having a rider/bike shadow would be awesome
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

DJ99X wrote:We will never have track object shadows rendered dynamically. At this stage, just having a rider/bike shadow would be awesome
Never is a strong word, are you willing to stick by that forever? :)

I was talking about Rider/Bike shadow. After some time away, coming back and seeing no shadow under the bike and rider just looks foolish.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

DJ99X wrote:We will never have track object shadows rendered dynamically. At this stage, just having a rider/bike shadow would be awesome
If anything it would be easier to do dynamic shadows for everything. Half dynamic and half static sounds like it would be a mess. It will probably be fully dynamic or no shadows at all when I finally do it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Might I suggest fully dynamic then, because from the newer tracks we see that the environment shadows play a big part in making a track look good.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Really? Coulda sworn you said that wouldnt happen. Come to think of it, maybe that conversation was about self-shadowing :?
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

when you think about it the only sound in game is the bike sound :| would be allot better to have more sounds, like if you case a sx jump it would sound like this

not like thats what i want the most :roll: i'm just saying, never tough about it before....
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
mace-x

Post by mace-x »

you where saying Dj? :lol:
i really would love this to happend, let´s hope so :)
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

DJ99X wrote:Really? Coulda sworn you said that wouldnt happen. Come to think of it, maybe that conversation was about self-shadowing :?
I might have been thinking of trying something cheesy that wouldn't need FBO's. I don't think that would be worth it at this point since it seems like FBO's are working in most drivers now.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
mace-x

Post by mace-x »

plane collisions, with editable surfaces, like tileinfo for objects.

would that be hard to do jlv?, i mean, the ground is a mesh, so teorically you have mesh collision, why cant we have objects to collide as a mesh?
or help david to get working the collision program he where doing :mrgreen:
Massacre ftw!

KaWiRACING#42MOCABY
Crushed Dissenter
Team: KaWiRACING

Post by KaWiRACING#42MOCABY »

i think we need new rider movements like leaning and weight shifting effecting the bike. cause when i ride i lean and basicly sit on the edge of the seat and on jumps ive got my legs back and feet of the pegs idk if anyone else thinks the same but i think we need to focus on this then go to the 450's so we have a new style and and new power over the bike. :mrgreen:
motocross is'nt a passion it is'nt a sport it's a way of life. and my way of life - kawi
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

mace-x wrote:plane collisions, with editable surfaces, like tileinfo for objects.

would that be hard to do jlv?, i mean, the ground is a mesh, so teorically you have mesh collision, why cant we have objects to collide as a mesh?
Heightfields use different sorts of collisions to mesh collisions
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

mace-x wrote:plane collisions, with editable surfaces, like tileinfo for objects.

jlv actually helped me out quite a bit with collision specs and figuring out what all was in the jm file. :wink: As much as I'd like to write the full program myself, it'd be naive to not think that it'd be better for someone with c/++/# to do it. I guess I'll just think of myself as one of the first to put my foot in the door, now someone needs to kick it open!...servatis?? :D
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

DJD wrote:New bone structure and new rider moments, fo' sho.

Physics first, visuals second.
this.
totorox

Post by totorox »

up. And if rider movements and structure is most wanted, you should begin by structure... I found maybe usefull blender addon for JLV here http://ivogrigull.com/.
I hope JLV will not lose too much time making motions, there's a ton of little gameplay additions to code instead of making motions maybe users can make beter and having bigger impact on the game quality.