Password Protected Gear/Graphics in Game

Post your suggestions here
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Password Protected Gear/Graphics in Game

Post by checkerz »

What are the chances of being able to force a password t obe used to equip certain gear items within the game?

Say JohnnyBoyRipperHater uploads a skin pack with 4 public skins and his personal gear. he doesn't want everyone wearing his personal gear so JohnnyBoyRipperHater can assign a password to his gear that must be entered in game to equip his personal gear while the others aren't in need of a password so he can just rock them.
Armadijl
Team: Rockstar MX1 Suzuki

Re: Password Protected Gear/Graphics in Game

Post by Armadijl »

Sounds like pretty good idea. BUUUUTTT, what if some stupid guy loses his password or something? Than he won't be able to wear that gear anymore, or do you have a solution for that?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Make it so that you can tel it to show up with the UID's you put in the .SAF? so i can put in UID: 201 and only i can see it.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'd rather have a track editor, and about a zillion other things before something like this gets implemented.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I can see alot of skins leaving out Jones. :lol:
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
totorox

Post by totorox »

If you don't want people use YOUR skin, don't publish it.
But if you want to show your skin to people, you couldn't be obfuscated if they use it. And if your number/name is on back, user is stupid if he use it... But it's not a crime !
Personally, I don't want to lose some FPS to be able to show some others riders over charged skins, so I don't really care.
matias
Team: Privateer

Post by matias »

i think , the solution it isn't Putin a pass, but . here is mine, first jlv need to redefine the function of how read the skins and add en simple condition where checks the filename of the skin and that allow to use it or only to show in races, and the creators must to do the same , create the files what want to be only for race or to see. and make the saf whit all files .
whit this modification all wins, coz who , not allow his gear not be used for other , its solve the other cant choose it. and who want to choose a gear arent going to see all the stuff what make really hard to choose a gear.

i hope my propose are understanding, sorry for my bad English
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.