Shading Refresh

Post your suggestions here
DJ99X

Shading Refresh

Post by DJ99X »

With the updated editor, you can no longer zoom out far enough to smooth the track in one hit. This results in some spots being missed when you have to smooth multiple times.

Could you please add a refresh button? Or at the very least allow the brush to cover the whole track
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Shading Refresh

Post by jlv »

I'll increase the zoom out. Do you mean you want a full track smooth or just a shading refresh?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Just a shading refresh
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Yes! This would be great.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

I would rather have a proper shading refresh button than an increase in zoom-out.
I don't know if anybody else has posted about this but smoothing with strength set to 0 will actually smooth quite a lot on a detailed disp.
I've always used raise with strength 0 zoomed way out to refresh the shading.
Another issue I have with the smoothing tool is that it doesn't work uniformly in all directions i.e. a rut that runs along the z-axis gets smoothed
out with a few clicks on 0 strength while a rut along the x-axis seems to be almost unaffected.
In addition to a shading refresh button I would love to have an reload-trackfiles-button, I've almost worn out the print on my mxsim shortcut key. :D
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

haggqvist wrote:I would rather have a proper shading refresh button than an increase in zoom-out.
I don't know if anybody else has posted about this but smoothing with strength set to 0 will actually smooth quite a lot on a detailed disp.
I've always used raise with strength 0 zoomed way out to refresh the shading.
Another issue I have with the smoothing tool is that it doesn't work uniformly in all directions i.e. a rut that runs along the z-axis gets smoothed
out with a few clicks on 0 strength while a rut along the x-axis seems to be almost unaffected.
In addition to a shading refresh button I would love to have an reload-trackfiles-button, I've almost worn out the print on my mxsim shortcut key. :D
That!
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

And I have to agree as well. I open and close mxs an unheard of amount of times while making a track.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I've been lobbying for both of these for years!!!!!!!

JLV,

Look at the people requesting these things. We are not a group of rippers who do nothing for the advancement of the game!!! Help us push this game further!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

What specifically would you be updating? If it just has to forget the track on the next race restart that would be easy. To do something like change the lap length or track dimensions during a race would be a nightmare.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

They just want the game to update the displacement map, object files etc. when being modified in 3rd party software, without the need of closing and re-opening the game.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

I also really agree with some sort of update button or refresh ...When u use the smooth tool set at 0 to update or any tool for that matter..It still smooths the track a fraction but very noticable to the biulder :cry:
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I always use a flat gradient in add mode for reshading since that's a true no op. Adding a button for it won't be a big deal though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I would be happy if the "track update" updated:

Disp map
Decals (ie decal source pictures, not necessarily placement)
To a lesser degree, a shading file that is modified outside the game

The disp map (terrain.png) being the MAJOR priority.

I dont care about lap length or really track dimensions (that MIGHT be handy) and I only want it in editor mode, don't care about no racing!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Reloading the terrain without changing the dimensions wouldn't be that bad.

I could make it reload the current decal without too much trouble. Refreshing all of them would be almost as slow as restarting the game.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

jlv wrote:I could make it reload the current decal without too much trouble.
That would be pretty useful.

On an average track, I'm using maybe 5 to 7 decals. However, at any one time, I'm probably only tweaking 1 of em. And when I decide I got it right, I can just make the next one I want to tweak active.

That'd be a big improvement over nothing.