Leaders vs. Lappers

Post your suggestions here
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Leaders vs. Lappers

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

This seems to be a huge complaint throughout the gamechat. One of the lappers takes out the leaders, resulting to continous gamechat complaints.

Everyone has to deal with rider traffic whether your up-front or mid-pack, it's all part of the sport. Alot of us new guys don't have the +years experience that the leaders do. I have been playing for three months and still get lapped by the top 2 or 3. The mini-map only tells us lappers so much. My speakers also don't alert me if your coming from my left or right. Its your job as a front-runner to now how to pick lines that will avoid us.

^Some exeptions, of course are always going to result to a complaint.

On the lappers defense, if you hit us front the back and try to say it's my fault, don't waste gamechat space yelling at us. If a leader passes a lapper then crashes, and the lapper passes the leader, then the leader comes back to make contact with the lapper to ruin his so called fast lap. Go chew on glass, that's the leaders own stupidity.

Not for this post to be ment about complaints, but today I ruined a leaders "fast lap" when he ended with 11 seconds of penalty time. Its racing S*** happens.
Postma

Re: Leaders vs. Lappers

Post by Postma »

This problem could easily be solved if the lappers wouldn't try and race the leaders... :x

If you get the blue flag, get out of the way. When you are getting lapped, don't take the fast/race line, take the slower line through that section or corner. The leaders will get around you, but if you keep riding in the fast line, you will get block passed (which usually means both leader and lapper are going down, with new collisions) or the leader will cut to the inside to make the pass. I'd say most of the times I cut to the inside, I end up getting taken out because the lapper is too busy trying to race me than pay attention to the fact that I am trying to get around them.

Either way, its part of racing. Its something both leaders and lappers will always have to deal with but if you are blocking someones fast line, you are going to get bitched at. Especially now, since you need a fast qualifying time to get into the races.
Andrew Postma