Bikes

Post your suggestions here
Stormz

Bikes

Post by Stormz »

No, this isn't another "JLV We need 450's post" (although I really want them).

I have another Idea that I haven't seen on here (yet).

Since it's a big pain in everyone's ass (JLV, modelers, skinners, track builders, etc.) why not create a "stock" bike (with current torque/hp curve) and a "Factory Works" bike (improved torque/HP curve, maybe 2-3 ft-lb's of torque and 5-7 hp).

I, for one, have been playing for about 6 months and still can't get all the tracks down. In real life, I take my 450 out first to get all the jumps down, then go back on my 250f after i know how fast i need to hit the jump to clear it. Since 450's are out of the question, the next best thing is improved bike settings. This would help us newer/slower riders because we could have a little help getting over the more difficult stuff.

For races it'd be simple (i think) to differentiate (if we could get pipe.info or something in general too distinguish a factory/stock bikes). You could run stock and 'works' (factory, modified, whatever you wish to call it) classes. More racing equals more fun, right?

IDK, maybe someone has mentioned this and it's been shot down. I just thought of it as a way for us slow riders to learn a track before hitting them on the stock bikes. It's annoying seeing guys like Shack and Assuncao do sections in ways I can't even think about due to not being good enough (or having the time to devote), so maybe this would help.

Either way, you created the best MX game, and I appreciate your time that you've taken to create it.
GoPro HD

Re: Bikes

Post by GoPro HD »

Stormz I think that this is the best idea ive heard in a long time! Like for races we could do like 250f mod or 125f mod or 250f and 125f stock . These would turn in to some awesome races. Perfect idea JLV this needs to be done!
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

For the modded bikes you could (possibly ) use a blue background that can not be changed, signifying that its the works bike. Idk, Just a way to differentiate the bikes.
moto4life211
Team: Never heard of it

Post by moto4life211 »

that is a really great idea to make the game 3x more realistic wonderful idea stormz jlv plz look in to trying this out its a great idea
Justin Caron | Privateer Honda
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

It's been stated that the dyno sheets JLV has used in the past read 5hp higher than the dyno charts from most other magazines. So Essentially we already have the factory bikes. In all honesty if JLV was going to do the work to add in new bikes why would he add different 250f's/125's when he could add in 450f's/250's?
Pikes
Team: Privateer

Post by Pikes »

I think this is a great idea, it might be a quicker fix than 450's. so we have something a little faster to keep us busy until the big bikes come.
Jester#132

Post by Jester#132 »

Phathry25 wrote:It's been stated that the dyno sheets JLV has used in the past read 5hp higher than the dyno charts from most other magazines. So Essentially we already have the factory bikes. In all honesty if JLV was going to do the work to add in new bikes why would he add different 250f's/125's when he could add in 450f's/250's?

P2sta mate, have you been reading this? :P
Before when there was all this discussion about the bikes being too powerful I thought the exact same as what Phatry said right there.
Also I'd rather just have 450's I suppose, else there will be to many classes, and I don't really want the community to be 'split up' as much :(
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

Ok, since you two shot that out the water, what about tunable motors like we had on mcm2?

You get x amount of HP/torque for each 1000 rpm that the motor revs and you adjust for how You like it. I like to ride in the midrange irl and you can't exactly do that on Mxs...if we are going for a simulator, this would help immensely.
mxsstarters
Crushed Dissenter
Team: TLR Tagger Designes

Post by mxsstarters »

i think this is the best idea ive heard in a long time!