Look Back button

Post your suggestions here
Servatis

Re: Look Back button

Post by Servatis »

do you know how many simple arcade racing games allow looking around, quite a lot.
have you ever tried actually looking around? it is VERY disorienting even in arcady games. inmaging how that would be in MXS..
it's hard to do anything while looking at an angle that you're not used to.
and a lot of people use both analog sticks in MXS so it wouldn't be doable for a lot of poeple.

a better solution in my opinion would be some kind of proximity indication on the edges of the screen. like a blurry effect that goes from green to yellow to red, indicating how close someone is.
That in combination with a simple button click to look back at a specified angle.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

true, forgot that we have to use both sticks :(
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

but it would be possible like in real life. like... (maybe just for supercross)

u look around while u are in the air and then u can see if the other one will have the chance to make a blockpass! I think this would be realistic!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Personally, this is what I think the game should evolve into, in the form of the helmet cam view. It truly is the riders perspective. Having the option to look around using the right joystick (yes, this game is made for a controller), is key.

adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

that is some amazing footage. it would be so sick to be in 3rd person view and have dirt splatter on the screen then hit a tearoff button and have the screen clear. and it would be 50x better if the rider had movements to do it.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

i don't know about any one else, but when i use helmet cam it makes me dizzy and i have to stop after 1 lap or it feels as though i'm going to throw up :/
Jester#132

Post by Jester#132 »

stocksy129 wrote:i don't know about any one else, but when i use helmet cam it makes me dizzy and i have to stop after 1 lap or it feels as though i'm going to throw up :/
Lol Stocksy :P , I always ride helmet cam, the only issue I have sometimes is getting 'sucked' intoo the screen.. and getting some kind of tunnelvision =/ ..

Agreed with David btw, and lol @ the guy carrying the tuff block around in the video!
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

i allays ride 3rd person, i just don't like the 1person view we have, it doesn't look enough out of the turns. in real life you look where you want to go, not in mxs..
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
The Fox
Team: ASV Inventions

Post by The Fox »

ddmx wrote:Personally, this is what I think the game should evolve into, in the form of the helmet cam view. It truly is the riders perspective. Having the option to look around using the right joystick (yes, this game is made for a controller), is key.

2:12 tld double kill! I personally use 3rd person can't ride in 1st person view just cant feel the bike
and time to update your sig dd...
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

I really think that the current helmet cam is good enough for now. I think that if the rider would stay perpendicular to the ground, instead of leaning with the bike, and the camera stayed with the rider, we might get an effect similar to the gopro video.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Jlv would be this possible? I mean look back button or something like that?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The camera positioning would make it pretty ugly.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Is redoing the camera position worth everything that can be done with it? Risk worth reward?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

You'd be trading flexible camera positioning for gimmicky stuff that isn't as valuable IMO. I guess I could add a look back feature that only works if the camera is all the way up. Not a top priority though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
i_Bite#21

Post by i_Bite#21 »

Well, for 1st person mode, some guys told me that it was supposed to be a chest mounted camera. Not an actual view from your eyes. Anyways, it would be kind of weird to have your rider pull a tear off on his chest camera. It would be nice just to have the animation, just like Reflex. If it would pull 1 or 2 every couple laps it would be good.