Playable Rewind

Post your suggestions here
Prologue

Playable Rewind

Post by Prologue »

There are some games out there like Dirt2 or similar where there is a rewind so that if you make a mistake you can back it up and do the section over. I think something similar would be really useful for MXS (in practice mode only of course). There are lots of times, especially in SX, where I am trying to figure out how to best do a section but crash or do it wrongly and then have to wait 1-2 mins to get back into a similar situation (do another lap or whatever). It is kind of a time waster when you just need to work on one section.

This could be extended to playable demos (replays) as well. Watch a little bit, pause it and take over from that spot with the exact initial conditions.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: Playable Rewind

Post by Shadow »

Enable editor mode, go to time trial, set backing up aborts. Move the respawn time gate before a section you want to practice and everytime you crash, just hit backing up button.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Prologue

Re: Playable Rewind

Post by Prologue »

That seems like it might be pain but I can try and see what happens. Also, it doesn't get you the same momentum/bike position etc. There are some places in a track where you need to go back like three sections in order to get into the correct speed/position. If you could start jumping through the air landing in the right place already it would save a lot of time.