new supercross format?

Post your suggestions here
Whipped
Team: Giles

new supercross format?

Post by Whipped »

the supercross on thursdays. everyone always just piles into the server and then fast people dont get in and what not. you know sometimes it can be a mess. so i was thinking, how its usually the same 20 people who make the main. why dont thursday night hold an A class main. then friday night hold like a B class? that way everyone would have a chance at atleast making a main? and it would promote motooption more i would think. with all the top 3 guys shopping at motooption.
but i dont know its just a suggestion. it might make it easier on everyone as well. lol like have it like the top so many fastest riders are only allowed in the A class night. like say the server held 40 riders. then the guys in the top 40 lap times would only be allowed to connect in A night. then everyone else would go to B night. which would probablly not be everyone else. but just a thought let me know what you think. i'd personally like to see it like this. so everyone has a somewhat fair chance of making a main. lol
JP37R
Team: JPR

Re: new supercross format?

Post by JP37R »

I can already see sandbaggers waiting for this opportunity.
Whipped

Post by Whipped »

yea. but idk it would still give others oppurtunities to qualify for a main.
JP37R

Post by JP37R »

yeah for sure. I would like to see this happen, but who is going to do the homework to decide who is A class or fast B class? There has to be a winner, who is going to decide if the winner is unfairly faster than the rest of the field? when does a rider get bumped into the A ranking? there has to be a system in place to discourage sandbaggers from stealing victories.
Whipped

Post by Whipped »

well thats why i said like put a cap on the lap records like once you exceed a certain lap time it automatically puts you in the A class.
JP37R

Post by JP37R »

Whipped wrote:well thats why i said like put a cap on the lap records like once you exceed a certain lap time it automatically puts you in the A class.
Thats a good start, but even B class guys can post a good single laptime here and there, it would suck for them beinng excluded from B when they cant ride A class speed consistently.
Whipped

Post by Whipped »

true. but then maybe itll take all your lap times on that server on that track and average it to 1 lap time. so if you dont run constant fast laps it wont bump you into A.
SuZuKi KiD345
Team: DmK-Owner/Rider

Post by SuZuKi KiD345 »

I really think this is a good idea JLV you should really do this cause i always try to get in to the server and ita always full and its annoying ive tried to get in every race so far.
NoFear#34
JP37R

Post by JP37R »

SuZuKi KiD345 wrote:I really think this is a good idea JLV you should really do this cause i always try to get in to the server and ita always full and its annoying ive tried to get in every race so far.
It doesnt need to be JLV, it could be anyone who knows how to run an event that can be a Marshal in the server
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'd love to have a B class but I can't spare the time to run it myself.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Fastest people aren't getting in? Seriously? Read the top of the SX page dudes. It's timed qualifying, and people are being let in in the order they qualified. Here's a link, I don't want it to be too hard for you.... http://www.mxsimulator.com/sx2011/index.html

I could be talked into trying a "B" series on Monday nights for people that haven't scored points in JLV's series. However with JLV releasing the new tracks at 7EST I don't think flipping back to the old track at 9EST would go over very well. I'm not about to waste my life running a series on Friday, or Saturday night, and on Sunday night my attendance would be spotty at best. With the exception of the track release on Monday night IMO it would work out best. It would give the "B" riders the most amount of time to get the track dialed in.
Whipped

Post by Whipped »

phathry your an A rider so youd race thursday night just like it is now. the B riders would race a different day. or maybe jlv run the B class like 1hour earlier than A idk it was just a suggestion.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Whipped wrote:phathry your an A rider so youd race thursday night just like it is now. the B riders would race a different day. or maybe jlv run the B class like 1hour earlier than A idk it was just a suggestion.
Phathry said HE'D run the B class for you. Like he would moderate it and what not. Not that he wants to ride the B class.
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

Whipped wrote:phathry your an A rider so youd race thursday night just like it is now. the B riders would race a different day. or maybe jlv run the B class like 1hour earlier than A idk it was just a suggestion.
Phathry said HE'D run the B class for you. Like he would moderate it and what not. Not that he wants to ride the B class.
Whipped

Post by Whipped »

ohhhhhh. lol my mistake phathry