sand sections

Post your suggestions here
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

sand sections

Post by Yamahaman95 »

the sand sections we have now are not that diff from the rest of the track...more slippery and bumpy... i thought it would be nice to maybe let the sand sink down more and be more loose...instead of just the texture.....just my 2 cents....
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Magnus42

Re: sand sections

Post by Magnus42 »

Yamahaman95 wrote:the sand sections we have now are not that diff from the rest of the track...more slippery and bumpy... i thought it would be nice to maybe let the sand sink down more and be more loose...instead of just the texture.....just my 2 cents....
It would have been COOL! :wink:
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

I think he just stumbled upon something.

Since we already have affects on the drag and friction on the dirt, why not have a depth? We all know tracks that are like concrete, and that'd just be .00, and sand tracks or mudders would be .03, for being 3/10 of a foot down, or whatever. It'd help with sand tracks to give a feeling of riding in the sand, and not just on top of it.

Similar to the deal with the tire pressures and how that relates, just have it on the ground side of things too.
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Pretty sure resistance values cover this.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It would be more of a cosmetic thing, but I don't think it would look right.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
v3Nx
Team: Creme Egg

Post by v3Nx »

To be honest, I would love this, but in order to make it look right then you would need track deformation, other wise the wheels are buried but no ruts are appearing.
Voutare wrote:That would have been funny if I got it the first time, but I had to read it a couple times over. :(