lapper bann system

Post your suggestions here
McNeil Racing
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MXSP

lapper bann system

Post by McNeil Racing »

why dont we solve our problems in A, B class by putting in a lapper bann system.. if the leader is behind a so called "lapper" for more then 3 seconds because the guy wont move kick him or some shit... im raging (b class is awesome .. jk) <3
jlv wrote:I wonder how many hours of my life I'd have back if DeRoco had never noticed this game?
MXSP Race Team: Joe, Gideon67, Butler, McNeilLatest MXS Tutorials,MSI Episodes and Track Reviews
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: lapper bann system

Post by jlv »

If you're only willing to wait 3 seconds to set up a lapper for a pass it kind of explains your problems with lappers...
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
McNeil Racing
Crushed Dissenter

Post by McNeil Racing »

well i think u should be able to relate to this but when your in a serious race your not going to use insane lines if your already out infront by a bit... same thing goes with a lapper im not going to do a risky line just to pass him he should have enough respect to move or get off the gas for literally 1 second.. example.. doesnt make sense to do a quad if u can barely get in 1 outta 10 times u do it just to pass some kid whos much slower then you.
jlv wrote:I wonder how many hours of my life I'd have back if DeRoco had never noticed this game?
MXSP Race Team: Joe, Gideon67, Butler, McNeilLatest MXS Tutorials,MSI Episodes and Track Reviews
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

My advice would be to just not follow lappers. Make a conscious effort to stay on the opposite side of the track. Being a full lap slower than you he'll either fall down or case something and you'll just cruise by most of the time.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

yeah this would be cool. or maybe for whenever someone is being lapped turn off their collision as the leader goes by. bcus b class gets realll rough with lappers lol
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

You guys just need to have a bit of patience, and that doesn't guarantee you won't be screwed up by them here and there. You have to live with it, It's part of racing. You have to be smart and patient when coming up behind them or you're screwing yourself (and them) more than they are screwing you.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

sorry to double post, but a few more comments. You can see the lappers you're trying to pass, they can't see you. You have much more responsibility for getting by lappers cleanly than you seem to think. It's not supposed to be like Moses parting the Red Sea. I'm sure that much more often than you think, lappers are trying to let you go. A lot of times when racing with the fast guys and getting lapped, I will get out of my fast line, and end up right in the middle of theirs, because they are just doing something completely different from what I expect. It happens, you just have to try not to let it happen again.
Justin653

Post by Justin653 »

yea but in real life do lappers take out the top guys every 1 to 2 laps? watch the main demos everyone whos racing for the win gets takenot by lappers every 1 -2 laps. im pretty sure that doesnt happen in the real supercross series. but idk it was just a suggestion. would be nice to have something along these lines to fix everyone from raging (like mcneil)
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

ya but in real life haven't the top pros been racing for 15 years? I'd bet my left leg that if the same core group of people are still playing this game 12 years from now, that the racing you'll see will be intense, and lappers won't even be an issue.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

As annoying as they are, lappers are as much of a part of racing as turns, whoops, triples, table tops, sand, ruts, and stray animals.

Just like you have to learn how to properly get through a rhythm section, whoop section, or through a rutted turn, you need to figure out how to safely and cleanly get around lappers.

As a lapper, you are responsible for maintaining your line and allowing the leaders to get by you, and try not to interfere with their race.

Straight from the AMA Motorcross rulebook:
A Light Blue Flag with Diagonal Yellow Stripe: Indicates you are about to be overtaken by faster riders. Hold your line and do not impede their progress. Riders disregarding this flag may be black-flagged at the discretion of Race Manager.

Honestly, i think the reason some people don't care about being lapped and riding cleanly as a lapper is because currently there is no penalty other than people yelling at them.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

furthermore:

The AMA said this:
The safety of riders is of paramount importance, and each part of the rule deals with a specific aspect of protecting both the slower and faster rider. By advising that riders keep their line, they are being asked to stay in a controlled trajectory and not make erratic changes in their course, allowing the faster rider to predict the course of travel and avoid contact with the rider being passed. The second part of the sentence says that they are to allow the faster rider to pass, intended to further diminish the threat of contact between riders.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

I think the main problem is, that lappers have no control most of the time and they they need the whole track to get over a rythm section!

I wouldn't change anything tho, since it wouldn't be realistic! Thats a part of racing! But I understand when ppl are very pissed because of lappers :)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

WE can't do anything, it's up the them, and if they can't do that then it has to go to some sort of penalty to them (like kicked from the race = black flag).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
McNeil Racing
Crushed Dissenter

Post by McNeil Racing »

i agree with whats shack saying but its as much as our responsibility to get around them as it is theres to let us go by safely/ cleanly.. but i also have to agree with yz after a lapper has taken out 2-3 faster riders ( ppl who are trying to lap him) there should be some consiquence for that lapper.. black flag.. 3 position loss etc etc maybe more ppl will have a better outlook thats just my 2cents
wheels1758

Post by wheels1758 »

McNeil Racing wrote:why dont we solve our problems in A, B class by putting in a lapper bann system.. if the leader is behind a so called "lapper" for more then 3 seconds because the guy wont move kick him or some shit... im raging (b class is awesome .. jk) <3
How about we institute a ban/kick policy for riders who pull out in front of others after crashing, without looking to see if anyone is coming? :roll: