new cut penalties

Post your suggestions here
warrior462

new cut penalties

Post by warrior462 »

I find it ridiculously frustrating to be passed by someone while they are cutting the track. They make up a lot of time by doing it and the little time penalty isn't enough to discourage it. I'd like to propose that the number of positions made up through a missed timing gate are docked at the end of the race. This would be of course on top of the time penalty already given.
jbob23
Team: Privateer

Re: new cut penalties

Post by jbob23 »

maybe if your lag wasn't so bad they wouldnt have to cut to get around you! :lol: jk man. I think you idea is a little harsh. I think it works pretty good the way it is.
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

the current system, though flawed i think isn't to easy going on track cutters. the thing i find most annoying is when i dont "cut" the track, but lose it in whoops or something and run off the track, and get penalized. i think if anything it should be tolerated to run off track and come back on in a certain amount of time w/o a penalty. ( as long as you're not gaining a position that is). Blatant corner cutting is a different thing. The last thing about it is the black flag deal. How exactly does that work? I've been issued the "black flag" warning and not been flagged by someone in the server, and at end of race i "cut" track less than someone else who wasn't even given a black flag warning.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

The serverside black flag penalty is issued when a rider misses (I think) three consecutive gates. They may have cut more, just not as much in once chunk...
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

jbob23 wrote:I think it works pretty good the way it is.
I think warrior's suggestion (in theory) is better than what we currently have, in real life, you aren't allowed to gain any positions while you are off the track UNLESS there is a downed rider(s).. The downed riders could bring up complications though, if jlv were to try to implicate this, say a rider crashes, falls off, and gets back on right before you pass them, you're fucked. now imagine if you get a horrible jump off the gate in a big race and there is a huge first turn pileup..... All things considered, I think it's a great concept, but what we have is a more 'practical' solution..
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Quick point i find that if someone crashes say 2nd to last corner and i pass them and take the last corner fair no cutting to see thme blatently cut it and win the race by 2 seconds and not get penalised for it so i thereofre come 2nd and they win unfair on me for stick to the rules and on the track for 90% off the race and all i see is this guy cuttuing athe track at any oppourtunity to make a place just soo it look better on his stats it real bugs me that this is people way of having a good race.
i wonder if when people make the track there could be some sort of added time to laptimes in races bit like in Forza the red time you get for useing more than the given track. and if you gain a place by cutting or unfairly taking them out you should be docked a place or have to give it back within the same lap.
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Mikeyyart10 wrote:Quick point i find that if someone crashes say 2nd to last corner and i pass them and take the last corner fair no cutting to see thme blatently cut it and win the race by 2 seconds and not get penalised for it so i thereofre come 2nd and they win unfair on me for stick to the rules and on the track for 90% off the race and all i see is this guy cuttuing athe track at any oppourtunity to make a place just soo it look better on his stats it real bugs me that this is people way of having a good race.
i wonder if when people make the track there could be some sort of added time to laptimes in races bit like in Forza the red time you get for useing more than the given track. and if you gain a place by cutting or unfairly taking them out you should be docked a place or have to give it back within the same lap.
well (not saying im a dirty rider) in reality you can take someone out. I can see a ram but like a tap of the front to knock you over is fair.
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

mxrewind665 wrote:
Mikeyyart10 wrote:Quick point i find that if someone crashes say 2nd to last corner and i pass them and take the last corner fair no cutting to see thme blatently cut it and win the race by 2 seconds and not get penalised for it so i thereofre come 2nd and they win unfair on me for stick to the rules and on the track for 90% off the race and all i see is this guy cuttuing athe track at any oppourtunity to make a place just soo it look better on his stats it real bugs me that this is people way of having a good race.
well (not saying im a dirty rider) in reality you can take someone out. I can see a ram but like a tap of the front to knock you over is fair.
ye i agree just making the point obviously you can have a fair race were you sometimes touch but ofcourse a blatent T-bone move is very fustrating for the victim.
i hope JLV can apply some new rules to racing online
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.