The Return of the Taxxman

Think someone needs to be banned? Post it here
Taxxman

The Return of the Taxxman

Post by Taxxman »

Hi to all the friendly faces in the ban court.
So 03 decided to turn into a battlefield this afternoon, and before you say "Oh its 03, it should be expected" I feel that that shouldn't be the case.
Regular fun riders to ride against, fairly, such as Jason Scott and Wayde and including myself were subjected to a completely unfair, not fun racing by a small group of racers.
Let me preface this session by including the race that led to the race.
Preface: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x118h ... 721.mxdemo
Brady Ginter, UID#637, begins this race with the full intention of clearing out the field at 0:05.4.
That wasn't such a big deal, as this occasionally happens, but he continued to do it next race, under a different name, Bitaakky SHutNagger at 0:04.6.
Main Race: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8d7dk ... dco.mxdemo
Brady also had a take out attempt at the 2nd race at 5:00.0.
The 2nd and major culprit is Billy Bossenheimer, UID#3675 riding on the number 721.
He had attempts at;
0:25.6
2:20.8
3:40.9, In this instance on the 3rd attempt to clear me out he cut the track.
4:33.7
4:55.0
6:42.0 which was into Jason Scott.
The other culprit was Nick Porter on number 122 UID#4138;
2:37.4
3:08.0
Now this is an incredibly good example of the culling that should indeed be taking place to clean up the community, which I have suggested a few times. There were two instances where Jason Scott and myself had to stop racing in order to pre-empt a take out which was inevitably coming our way, examples at;
4:28.0
7:58.9
This culprit, who did also cut the track was Mike Carns riding on the number 1, UID#5675.

Now the links to the races are there, there are many more instances to be found in these two examples but I tried to keep this as brief as possible by only providing a few of mine and Jason Scott's issues. Please review, and please take action on these riders whom ruin it for everyone.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
Arthur C Clarke
soc_monki
Team: JDR JStar Motors

Re: The Return of the Taxxman

Post by soc_monki »

it was ridiculous. show them the Hammer, JLV! :)
YoungCC
Team: Tagger/Derbiers

Post by YoungCC »

Looked like the normal 03 regulars
cmv950
Team: Privateer

Post by cmv950 »

As much as I would love to see people like this banned, in this game, there are so many just like them that play that trying to single handedly get all of the boneheads banned is worthless. You just have to accept the fact that there will always be assholes like this in every race and that they will never change. I know, as I have tried to get people from the automated race system banned who ride like this banned and have discovered that there is always another asshole waiting to take their spot. Just don't waste the energy trying man, ignore them or leave the server and go to another one. If I tried to get all the people like this banned, I would literally be posting in the ban court every day after every race. Not saying they don't deserve it, but just that if you try to get all of them banned you will only find yourself frustrated and agitated every day over a game. Just not worth it sometimes.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It didn't look like anything in the description was a cut followed by a successful take-out, so I didn't download it. If that did happen or he rode backwards and got someone, post the time for that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Taxxman

Post by Taxxman »

The cuts were at 3:40.9 by 721, and 7:58.9 by 1.
"Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
Arthur C Clarke
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Didn't look like a major cut to me.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Colbemx

Post by Colbemx »

*facepalm*
Colbemx

Post by Colbemx »

"Rough passing is allowed. I'm only interested in banning people who are playing demolition derby instead of racing. By "demolition derby" I mean someone preventing the race from going on. That usually means randomly riding around and running into everyone in sight. If the rider is going around the track in the right direction and hitting all the gates it's very unlikely that I'll ban him." These are your words jlv, people post in here all the time about people ruining races or just hitting people. Yet, they have to cut or they can do whatever they want.
Taxxman

Post by Taxxman »

I'm going to agree with Colbemx. In the OP I mentioned two moments where Jason and I had to stop racing in order to anticipate a take out, which was attempted after stopping. As Colbemx pointed out your quote; "By 'demolition derby' I mean someone preventing the race from going on. That usually means randomly riding around and running into everyone in sight". This is common in EVERY thread I've placed in the ban court, and in all cases the person I've criticised has been mentioned numerous times in the ban court, and on other occasions gets banned.

And as cmv950 has so helpfully pointed out, trying to get everyone banned will leave me and alot of others to be frustrated over a game, when I do post a thread here I feel its warranted in keeping the greatest MX game's community from being flooding with imbeciles whom play an MX game like its GTA from continuing to act up due to this supposed "only banned if cutting rule".

I love this game and appreciate everything you do JLV, but either yourself or your various moderators or game mods start fairly enforcing a little bit of MX etiquette, treating the game and its community with the respect it deserves. Let me stress that I know the difference and love being stopped by a block pass or running it in hard, but sometimes, alot of the times it is too much.
Arthur C Clarke
FlyinHigh

Post by FlyinHigh »

I posted a few months ago and my case wasn't even looked at by JLV just because he said i wrote too much about it (no offense jlv just saying), yet I wrote no more than you did in your OP. Even though the riders in the race actually jumped across the track, cut corners every other corner, and took me out for an entire race. They cut probably about 20 times to punt me and landed about 3/4 of those punts, but no ban, I was absolutely furious. The ban court just continues to confuse me, we need a ban court admin who can evaluate all cases, with the only rule being if it is worthy enough for ban. If someone is required to meet specific criteria for ban, does that mean the guy punting everyone for the whole race without cutting or going backwards gets off the hook? because he shouldn't.
cmv950
Team: Privateer

Post by cmv950 »

Taxxman wrote:I'm going to agree with Colbemx. In the OP I mentioned two moments where Jason and I had to stop racing in order to anticipate a take out, which was attempted after stopping. As Colbemx pointed out your quote; "By 'demolition derby' I mean someone preventing the race from going on. That usually means randomly riding around and running into everyone in sight". This is common in EVERY thread I've placed in the ban court, and in all cases the person I've criticised has been mentioned numerous times in the ban court, and on other occasions gets banned.

And as cmv950 has so helpfully pointed out, trying to get everyone banned will leave me and alot of others to be frustrated over a game, when I do post a thread here I feel its warranted in keeping the greatest MX game's community from being flooding with imbeciles whom play an MX game like its GTA from continuing to act up due to this supposed "only banned if cutting rule".

I love this game and appreciate everything you do JLV, but either yourself or your various moderators or game mods start fairly enforcing a little bit of MX etiquette, treating the game and its community with the respect it deserves. Let me stress that I know the difference and love being stopped by a block pass or running it in hard, but sometimes, alot of the times it is too much.
Wasn't trying to be an asshole dude, sounds like you thought i was, was just stating that there is so many people like this on here that you will always run into them no matter what you do.
Taxxman

Post by Taxxman »

Sorry cmv, I was just a little frustrated, I do agree with you to an extent. But also with what FlyinHigh has suggested there perhaps need to be some responsibilities delegated to a responsible few in order to assess these races so that JLV doesn't have to respond personally, wasting his own time, with (maybe?) a disconnected view of the servers.
Arthur C Clarke