JLV, thought you'd like to see whats going on in 19802

Think someone needs to be banned? Post it here
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Re: JLV, thought you'd like to see whats going on in 19802

Post by FelipeMX »

yzmxer608 wrote:I don't see a reason to keep the demo server up. Yeah it lets people using the demo see what online is like, but it's also a place where people tell each other how they got the full version for free... Online should be a privilege to people who buy the full version (and a privilege in general), the demo should only be used to try out the game and it's physics, not riding online with other people.

JP37R has something with needing a reg key to do certain things though. We don't know how many people aren't signed up to the forums, but still download stuff and have the game illegally. Needing a reg key to enter certain parts of the forums, or Pure, or whatever would obviously be somewhat annoying, but necessary? There's no way to stop pirating or even people sending UCC if those areas were key protected, but trying different things couldn't hurt. I would say at least go with shutting down the demo server.
exactly what I said! It would be the first step...or instead shutting down, set it only for registrated players and put some more tracks on it...
Finesse Supersports
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Oops, I thought JP37R said that, it was you, sorry ;).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
On The Pipe
Team: Factory Suzuki

Post by On The Pipe »

Even though it is illegal it is very hard to go after someone who is in a differently country.
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Post by FelipeMX »

not that much, I'm brazilian! :wink:
Finesse Supersports
dms

Post by dms »

Why not just disable chat on 19820?
dms 56
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

dms wrote:Why not just disable chat on 19820?
That's a good idea. I'll do that.

It's amazing how people will rip you off on your own server. Last week, someone tried three times to start a topic suggesting that I start a server with all the tracks just for people without keys!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

jlv wrote:
dms wrote:Why not just disable chat on 19820?
That's a good idea. I'll do that.

It's amazing how people will rip you off on your own server. Last week, someone tried three times to start a topic suggesting that I start a server with all the tracks just for people without keys!
:shock: :lol: Really? Thats crazy!
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

I like yz's idea, because if these people that are ripping the game are smart enough, wouldn't they just create a private server and ride in that?
Maybe that thread, along with the models and skins section of the forum should need a reg key to get into
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The problem with requiring a key for updates is it would be an extra hassle for the paying customers, and the pirates would just pass that stuff around anyway. Making a keyless server would be hard, plus if you have the money for a good server you're not likely to be a pirate anyway.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

maybe this server should only be for testing how it works online... like ppl can play there idk 3,4,5 races and then its over... just a thought...
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I don't mind if people who are too poor to afford the game play the demo. The problem is when they repay my charity by ripping me off.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I think my favourite part about that screenshot is when Kyler connects at the bottom.

Anyway, yeah i went on there once just to check it out. I just got leeched on with people asking where they could download the game for free and what not, was crazy.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Kyler-H is still here? LMAO
Motox 142

Post by Motox 142 »

but you see im on the demo version right now and if i couldnt ask people q's about how to do cool stuff and better technique i would't be one bit interested in the full game and cause i practice so much online with other demo'ers i've gotten alot better and want to get full but dont have money yet to get it but i still plan on getting it. it wouldn't give others the chance to play a really awesome game cause they cant get good by playing AI
Northspeed543

Post by Northspeed543 »

Motox 142 wrote:but you see im on the demo version right now and if i couldnt ask people q's about how to do cool stuff and better technique i would't be one bit interested in the full game and cause i practice so much online with other demo'ers i've gotten alot better and want to get full but dont have money yet to get it but i still plan on getting it. it wouldn't give others the chance to play a really awesome game cause they cant get good by playing AI
You will get ALOT better if you buy the full version ride with the faster racers online! Just play the damn demo offline, get better, save your money then buy the full version, play online and you wont come straight in and be a lapper and piss people off.