Moto-savage...

Think someone needs to be banned? Post it here
Postma

Moto-savage...

Post by Postma »

Moto-savage posing as KTM57. Right from the start he starts ramming people. He cleaned me out at the start and around the 5 minute mark.

He took me out a couple more times, but after watching 5 minutes into the demo, I figure there is no problem getting a ban.

I noticed you said in a previous attempt to ban (http://www.mxsimulator.com/benchracing3 ... 16&t=10845), that you thought he is really that slow. As long as it is the same Savage-114, I have had some decent races with him in the past, before he turned douche. You can check his lap times to verify...

http://www.postmaplumbing.com/mxs/Savage.mxdemo
Andrew Postma
KTM57

Re: Moto-savage...

Post by KTM57 »

Pretty much the worst person to pose as, since everyone knows my UID is 2...
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It just looked like regular dirty riding to me. I don't want to get into judging whether a pass is too dirty. If he starts riding across the track to hit people I'll ban him for that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Postma

Post by Postma »

Ya, I understand your dilemma. Although, this was not for position, as he was a lapper and intentionally taking out the leaders or anyone who was near him. In a real world situation, a lapper intentionally taking out a leader will result in a black flag and in my opinion I thought it deserved a ban.

I know you are very busy, and I don't like to waste your time with this petty stuff, but as you can see he is becoming a problem... Hopefully, next time you give him the axe, after the three or four recent complaints!

"LOS ANGELES, CA, (April 27, 2009) - L&M's Team San Manuel Yamaha rider Kyle Chisholm was black flagged and asked to leave the race track for a move race officials felt was unsportsmanlike at round 16 of the 2009 Monster Energy AMA Supercross series, an FIM World Championship, April 26th, Saturday night at Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah."
Andrew Postma
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

jlv wrote: If he starts riding across the track to hit people I'll ban him for that.
You mean like in the demo I posted a few days ago that you didn't ban him for?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No. If he's off track because someone is intentionally blocking him like in your demo I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he rides across the infield to hunt someone down I'll happily ban him.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but the servers are already more often frustrating than fun because of morons like this. If you continue to let things go, it's only going to get worse, and you'll only have to spend more and more time that you don't have looking at these demos because people aren't afraid of actually being banned.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The problem with that is there is no way I'll be able to stay objective if I start trying to judge that. People will start sending in less and less dirty passes and it will end up being a popularity contest.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

I'm talking only about when people do cut the track and aren't banned. I suppose if the only incident from the demo I posted was the big cut where he took me out, even though I disagree, I can live with you saying that it wasn't his fault. But earlier in the race, he did it to someone else, completely unprovoked, cut the track, and then took them out. He should have been banned and he wasn't.
Postma

Post by Postma »

jlv wrote:The problem with that is there is no way I'll be able to stay objective if I start trying to judge that. People will start sending in less and less dirty passes and it will end up being a popularity contest.
I completely agree with you on dirty passes. Ya, it sucks when people intentionally take you out for position, but for you to be able to judge each pass without bias would be exhausting.

My issue is with a lapper intentionally taking you out. There is no reason for this type of behavior. I understand a beginner having a hard time staying upright and getting in the way, but it is not acceptable for someone who is completely capable of getting out of the way.

I also think these idiots who go "bowling" at the start and take out as many riders as possible should be banned...

Maybe there should be a few more track marshall's? This way those who choose to act up can be black flagged or forced to spec. :wink:
Andrew Postma
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Track marshal's are biased though, and can act in the heat of the moment. Better to remove those two things from the equation, like JLV says. Organized racing is the way to go, sween nor I will ever tolerate people who act like this in our races. I know it sucks being on a schedule, but it's better than just getting mad while you play.

JLV keeps me on a short leash and only lets me wreak havoc on 02. So you can pretty much bet that once that server is populated again I'll be sure to memorize savage's ID and just ban it during my stay. :) Unless of course the boss tells me I can't. :evil:
Postma

Post by Postma »

Ya, unfortunately my schedule hasn't been working with the organized races lately. Maybe tonight, finally!

As for adding track marshal's, I see your point but I personally don't care if they are biased or not. I stay out of trouble and race clean, therefore (I would like to think) no one has any bias against me. If they do, so be it, black flag me and I'll come back on another day. Those who tend to ride dirty, would have more incentive to clean their act up if they want to log laps on Josh's servers.

I guess the bottom line is, if people are going to ride dirty, GTTFO...
Andrew Postma
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

Postma wrote:Ya, unfortunately my schedule hasn't been working with the organized races lately. Maybe tonight, finally!

As for adding track marshal's, I see your point but I personally don't care if they are biased or not. I stay out of trouble and race clean, therefore (I would like to think) no one has any bias against me. If they do, so be it, black flag me and I'll come back on another day. Those who tend to ride dirty, would have more incentive to clean their act up if they want to log laps on Josh's servers.

I guess the bottom line is, if people are going to ride dirty, GTTFO...
But riding dirty is perfectly fine, and you can't define riding 'too' dirty, because that's subjective. And now we're back where we started.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Riding dirty isn't perfectly fine once you hit the age of 20. :roll:
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

Phathry25 wrote:Riding dirty isn't perfectly fine once you hit the age of 20. :roll:
In real life no, because that shirt hurts xD. This is a game though.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad