Appeal on behalf of Mcguire103

Think someone needs to be banned? Post it here
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Appeal on behalf of Mcguire103

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

JLV, please take a look into giving this dude another chance...

Was banned due to asking for warez - I agree this goes against forum rules, though this was a few years back and went un-noticed for a long while. In the meantime he has released quality content for people to use and planned to release more. He admitted this was a mistake and kept it clean going forward.

He received a board warning, though had already been banned upon receiving this so it seems the warning was 'skipped' and the ban hammer slapped down instead. I think a ban for a simple mistake made years ago is a little steep considering the amount/quality of work he has released to the community and would like to see him taking the p*ss out of my poor creations again sometime soon.
Gilmar_Austin
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Lucas Oil/TLD Honda

Re: Appeal on behalf of Mcguire103

Post by Gilmar_Austin »

What is warez :?:
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Gilmar_Austin wrote:What is warez :?:
Same^^^
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Post by sethiemeboi »

USABMXER1 wrote:
Same^^^
ever heard of google? :lol: :lol: jk
Warez is a term used by software "pirates" to describe software that has been stripped of its copy-protection and made available on the Internet for downloading.

^^^google definition^^^
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

sethiemeboi wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:
Same^^^
ever heard of google? :lol: :lol: jk
Warez is a term used by software "pirates" to describe software that has been stripped of its copy-protection and made available on the Internet for downloading.

^^^google definition^^^
Yeah I have, just was lazy and had to go drop a friend off so typed really quickly while he was getting his stuff gathered up.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Mcguire103 is actually a new account he created. The account he was originally banned on was salamanda101. I don't remember the exact incident, but judging from his last page of posts, I probably saw the first post and gave him a warning and then banned him when I saw the other posts.

I do agree that lifetime bans are pretty strict, so I'll make a new policy right now. If you make a poll set to run for 7 days and it's unanimous to unban him when the poll ends, I'll restore his posting rights. Link to his forum profile (salamanda101, not the new account) in the post so people can check out why he was banned.

If anyone else wants someone unbanned, make your own poll after the current poll ends. If I see more than one poll open I'm banning whoever posted the new poll!
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

jlv wrote:If anyone else wants someone unbanned, make your own poll after the current poll ends. If I see more than one poll open I'm banning whoever posted the new poll!
Can I appeal this idea. It's literally a popularity contest. You could give someone like myself a lifetime ban for no reason and I would be unable to come back with a poll :lol: :lol:
Hi
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Boblob801 wrote:
jlv wrote:If anyone else wants someone unbanned, make your own poll after the current poll ends. If I see more than one poll open I'm banning whoever posted the new poll!
Can I appeal this idea. It's literally a popularity contest. You could give someone like myself a lifetime ban for no reason and I would be unable to come back with a poll :lol: :lol:
Not really. Since anyone can veto the unban with one "no" vote it's more like a "does any one person still hate this guy" contest. The "yes" votes don't really matter. If it was a majority instead of unanimous then it'd be a popularity contest.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Post by Boblob801 »

Yeap nope, missed the unanimous part. Continue you with your lives.
Hi