JLV, thought you'd like to see whats going on in 19802

Think someone needs to be banned? Post it here
JP37R
Team: JPR

JLV, thought you'd like to see whats going on in 19802

Post by JP37R »

I don't know if you monitor this stuff, or care about it, but I thought I'd rat out this self proclaimed game ripper. Just really makes me mad these guys want to play the game, but would rather rip than support the development by buying the game legit.
JP37R

Re: JLV, thought you'd like to see whats going on in 19802

Post by JP37R »

Sorry, title should be "JLV, Thought you'd like to see whats going on in 19820"
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

Why play there in the first place? Unless you yourself dont have a key?
only one to win something real from the game!
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

Jones221 wrote:Why play there in the first place? Unless you yourself dont have a key?
Why would you even say that? ive seen jp37r in the supercross server, he does have a key
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

Jones221 wrote:Why play there in the first place? Unless *you dont* have a key?
thats better
JP37R

Post by JP37R »

Jones221 wrote:Why play there in the first place? Unless you yourself dont have a key?
Because I like to see some new faces and try to talk new demo players into buying the full version. And yes, I do have a legit key I'll verify with JLV anytime he wants and I do not "share" my key I am the only one in possession.
Jones221

Post by Jones221 »

JP37R wrote:
Because I like to see some new faces and try to talk new demo players into buying the full version. And yes, I do have a legit key I'll verify with JLV anytime he wants and I do not "share" my key I am the only one in possession.
fair enough
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Post by FelipeMX »

If they wants to ride all the same that we do, they must pay for it, in this way they will enjoy and share all the same. IMHO Jlv should disable 19820 and let all thiefs enjoy it offline...
For the next snapshots and versions, it would be a great idea to release only for each user key, trying to assign a key for each snapshot. Maybe some parts of the forum should only be released for players who have the key (.e.g. Track Editing, Tracks and Models and Skins).
I do not want to share what I paid for, with thiefs... :evil:
Finesse Supersports
FelipeMX

Post by FelipeMX »

FelipeMX wrote:If they wants to ride all the same that we do, they must pay for it, in this way they will enjoy and share all the same. IMHO Jlv should disable 19820 and let all thiefs enjoy it offline...
For the next snapshots and versions, it would be a great idea to release only for each user key, trying to assign a key for each snapshot. Maybe some parts of the forum should only be released for players who have the key (.e.g. Track Editing, Tracks and Models and Skins).
I do not want to share what I paid for, with thiefs... :evil:
Sorry for double post but I was suposed to mean PureMXS and Forum.
Finesse Supersports
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

This problem could be fixed by allowing demo users only a certain amount of online play. Like 10 hours?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

The problem is IP addresses don't work very well for bans due to dynamic IP assignment.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Arch.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Arch. »

JP.. 19820 is free server that u can ride there free without reg key, and probibly somone who have full version sended to him who have rmz. if talking serous i dont see any bad on this.. he can ride but whats the point? he dont have reg key. and he will ride only on 19820 then i was riding in demo ago, i rode about 2moths and i seen bilions have cracked version :) (full version but no reg key)

LITHUANIA

MxoN- 4place!
FelipeMX

Post by FelipeMX »

Arch. wrote:JP.. 19820 is free server that u can ride there free without reg key, and probibly somone who have full version sended to him who have rmz. if talking serous i dont see any bad on this.. he can ride but whats the point? he dont have reg key. and he will ride only on 19820 then i was riding in demo ago, i rode about 2moths and i seen bilions have cracked version :) (full version but no reg key)
Actually it is illegal, some of mxs member have been working hard trying to develop this game, Jlv spent a long time to create and answer for our requests. I do not give a 'organic matter' if they dont have money enought to buy it! I think they must pay Jlv what he deserves, in this case 42 dollars (as I can remember).
Finesse Supersports
JP37R

Post by JP37R »

yes Felipe x2.

Stealing is stealing, in whole or part.
Arch. wrote:JP.. 19820 is free server that u can ride there free without reg key, and probibly somone who have full version sended to him who have rmz. if talking serous i dont see any bad on this.. he can ride but whats the point? he dont have reg key. and he will ride only on 19820 then i was riding in demo ago, i rode about 2moths and i seen bilions have cracked version :) (full version but no reg key)
By your logic, it would be OK to steal a car, as long as you leave the license plates behind. Nah, doesnt work mate.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I don't see a reason to keep the demo server up. Yeah it lets people using the demo see what online is like, but it's also a place where people tell each other how they got the full version for free... Online should be a privilege to people who buy the full version (and a privilege in general), the demo should only be used to try out the game and it's physics, not riding online with other people.

JP37R has something with needing a reg key to do certain things though. We don't know how many people aren't signed up to the forums, but still download stuff and have the game illegally. Needing a reg key to enter certain parts of the forums, or Pure, or whatever would obviously be somewhat annoying, but necessary? There's no way to stop pirating or even people sending UCC if those areas were key protected, but trying different things couldn't hurt. I would say at least go with shutting down the demo server.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.