Bike progression?

Post your questions here
DouglasRoyal
Team: Privateer

Bike progression?

Post by DouglasRoyal »

Is there a specific progression in bike choice that most people use? Or is it all personal preference? 125 to 250f to 450f ect.

Example:
My lap times on the tracks I'm comfortable with are .5 a second quicker on the 250f. But I feel I am right on the edge all the time.
While on the 450f, I feel more stable, I brake sooner, can pick ruts, and hold my lines better. Obvious issues like over jumping are there, but I feel that's track knowledge.

I am using both 2013 kxf 250 and 450, if that matters.

I want to enter some races in the future, when I feel my times are down, and I am way more consistent. My concern is that if I spend a ton of time on the 450, to then find out I have to ride 250.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks! :)
DouglasRoyal
"batallions of riot police with rubber bullet kisses, baton courtesy, service with a smile." :)
DouglasRoyal

Re: Bike progression?

Post by DouglasRoyal »

Any help? Looking for opinions, suggestions, or anything else this board can throw my way... :lol:
DouglasRoyal
"batallions of riot police with rubber bullet kisses, baton courtesy, service with a smile." :)
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Which ever one you feel you have more control in is the one you will be the quickest and most consistent with.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
DouglasRoyal

Post by DouglasRoyal »

Pumaxcs wrote:Which ever one you feel you have more control in is the one you will be the quickest and most consistent with.
Thanks. :) That's what I was thinking. I appreciate it.
DouglasRoyal
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Most important thing when racing is to stay consistent and not crash, if you are fast but crash every lap you won't win anything. If you are in control, can stay away from all the troubled people, and ride your own race with few mistakes will put you up front.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.