After XBCD Install Triggers No Worky

Post your questions here
ddmx

After XBCD Install Triggers No Worky

Post by ddmx »

I followed this tutorial. It's great to now have my triggers on separate axis for games such as RBR and LFS, but mxs has a problem even recognizing these axis now. So I have no gas or front brake. Ideas?
Win7 Forums wrote:SUCCESSORY!

Well I finally have it working, and for posperity I'm going to post the steps here, because thread is one of the most popular hits when you type "XBCD Windows 7" on google, and given the views I suspect a few ppl are going through what I went though, so here is how I did it:

Install Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b, choose "Test Mode" and reboot.

Install the 0.2.6 drivers from XBCD - XBox Controller Driver Forum -> Latest 0.2.6 Version

Run the driver installer as Administrator, installing only drivers. Dont bother installing the certificate. Reboot.

Run DSEO again, hit Sign System File, then type "C:\windows\system32\drivers\xbcd.sys". Reboot again.

Open Device Manager, look for "Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class", and goto properties for "Xbox 360 Controller".

Goto Driver tab, and click "Update Driver". Click on "Browse my Computer for Driver software".

Click on "Let me Choose" and you should see XBCD driver. Click it, hit ok and that should do the trick.

Open the XBCD Setup Util, and you should see the gamepad listed. The buttons go crazy, but this is a fault of the setup util, always has been. 0.2.6 even has built in profiles for different mappings, the one I use is triggers on seperate axis. I tested this out on rFactor and it works great, rumble support and all.

Hopes this helps anyone else having this problem!
ddmx

Re: After XBCD Install Triggers No Worky

Post by ddmx »

FFR

There's a calibration step in there. I had to switch from the xbcd driver in Device manager back to the MS drivers and then recalibrate.
Lucas.715
Team: Privateer

Post by Lucas.715 »

its work for you? i tried it sometimes but doesnt work for me =x ... XBCD just dont accept my controller.. i bought a razer onza TE ... and cant use separate triggers =x
cloud_2901
Team: Complete newbie

Post by cloud_2901 »

Hey ddmx, just wondering if you actually did have any luck getting XBCD to work, I'm trying at the moment, and it just won't recognise the triggers in-game no matter what settings I try.
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Post by JTmoto »

If you do this does it allow you to hold the front brake and gas on at the same time?
cloud_2901
Team: Complete newbie

Post by cloud_2901 »

That's what I'm hoping to achieve JT