Can't Save Settings

Post your questions here
juicer731

Can't Save Settings

Post by juicer731 »

Whenever I exit the game, my settings get taken back to default. It is really annoying-almost to the point of not wanting to play. Is it something I'm doing wrong? Is anyone else having this problem? I could really use some help. Also, can I download tracks and skins in the demo or do I need the full version? Thanks guys.
Stormz

Re: Can't Save Settings

Post by Stormz »

As to your problem, I'm not exactly sure but I'd say the problem is you're on the demo. As to your skin/track question, yes you have to buy the full game in order to utilize the community created items. Its worth the money, just buy it. :)
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

that happened to me too and stormz fix ur sig please
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It could be a permissions problem. You can try deleting the config file. Go to %localappddata% in a file explorer window (you'll have to enter it in the location box), then select MX Simulator Demo and delete the file named "config".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

Thanks I'll try what you said jlv. And I'll probably buy this awesome game. The demo kinda blows. Also is it not saving my settings because I'm playing on a Mac?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Didn't realize you're on a Mac. If you're running under Crossover I'm not sure where the config file is located.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

jlv wrote:Didn't realize you're on a Mac. If you're running under Crossover I'm not sure where the config file is located.
I got it to work by using the quit button to exit the game instead of exiting crossover. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow. Also I have another question. If I buy the full version, can I redownload it for free on a new computer?
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

yea aslong as you save the email
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

i also play on a mac and i had the same problem
make sure you go to the main menu of the game and click exit game and it should save
Donate if you like My Creations