Black screen

Post your questions here
SirSmighty
Team: Privateer

Black screen

Post by SirSmighty »

Hey guys i just recently bought mx sim and after installing i try to start the game and it just comes up to a black screen. i've tried everything that i can think of with no success. System specs are quad core, 8gb ram, gtx570, win 7 64bit. any help would be appreciated. "What i have tried" Turning off 3D, setting my monitor to 60hz, deleting everything dealing with the demo within the system/registry. actually rolling the system back before the demo, running in admin mode, running in compatibility mode, Setting a custom ini file with low resolutions. :?:
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Black screen

Post by jlv »

Try adding these lines to the end of your config file. (From the Windows Start Menu, open All Programs / MX Simulator / MX Simulator Personal Folder. Open "config" with notepad.)

xres=800
yres=600
video_mode=Windowed

Or if you prefer you could copy this config file over it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SirSmighty

Post by SirSmighty »

I have tried this with many different res's.
Caliber

Post by Caliber »

Hopefully someone can help you out =/
"Ronnie Mac Style"
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

So the demo works but the full game doesn't? Do you have any application profiles set up for MX Simulator in the Nvidia control panel? If you do try running with the default settings instead.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SirSmighty

Post by SirSmighty »

Tried that also, this is weird the demo worked perfectly but the full game isn't working at all i can hear the sound but no video :/
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

When you ran it in windowed mode did the whole screen go black or just the window?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
SirSmighty

Post by SirSmighty »

Just the windowed screen, at first i had no sound then set the custom config file and got sound but still no video. I have had a few games do this to me but most the time a new ini file or config with custom res's fixes it, i am stomped on this one.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It must be a problem with the 3d driver in that case. The first thing I'd do is install the drivers from Nvidia's web site. Then go into the Nvidia control panel and restore the default settings just to be sure.

Also, try setting all of the power saving settings to high performance mode. Some systems have the capability to switch to the integrated GPU to save power, so if it's attempting to do that it could cause a black window.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
SirSmighty

Post by SirSmighty »

I tried rolling back the drivers to default drivers for the card, disabled all dealing with 3D, redownloaded newest drivers set all to deafult, disabled 3D within nvidia control panel and set the monitor back to 60hz power mode is already set to high, tried changing that to different settings and trying also. I have a good idea of what it could be I use a 60 inch tv as well and i think it's trying to pick that tv up as main display i will delete everything dealing with the tv and try.
SirSmighty

Post by SirSmighty »

Still nothing guys, I'm going to try a few more things that i have in mind.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You might want to give the driver sweeper from Yz's driver guide a shot.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Caliber

Post by Caliber »

Im friends with SirSmighty on steam and he said that the driver sweeper did not work and that he had tried it multiple times.
"Ronnie Mac Style"
SirSmighty

Post by SirSmighty »

Welp, did a reformat and guess what... still nothing O_O! i have no idea what could be the problem i play games such as Battlefield 3, Max Payne 3 and many others with no problems at max settings i am so confused on this. Do you guys think my 3D monitor could have something to do with it?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Could you try getting some log info for me?

Start the game, press the down arrow key 10 times, press enter twice. Hopefully the game will exit. Then open MX Simulator Personal Folder and post the contents of the "lastlog.txt" file.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com