Supercross/Outdoor Setup help

Post your questions here
MakeItNasty81
Team: Privateer

Supercross/Outdoor Setup help

Post by MakeItNasty81 »

Ive had the game for about a year now, and im pretty decent, But my setup for supercross and outdoors are the same :? . I really dont know what a good supercross or outdoor setup is. I just kinda tweeked mine, and it works good for both. But i can only image how much it would help if people would show me their supercross and outdoor setups, maybe a little tips here and there about the different things to try for supercross/outdoors. I am gonna try to get on a team for 2013 outdoors and wanna start testing different setups for supercross and outdoors. Any tips or suggestions?? :D :D
crashreallyfast
Team: TwistMoto

Re: Supercross/Outdoor Setup help

Post by crashreallyfast »

For supercross you want to run a suspension that is a LITTLE bit softer then you would for super cross. i would suggest your compression front and back to be between 60-75 with fork oil between 60-70. if you have it to soft, your suspension could bottem out on the face of the jumps because they are so steep and peaked out, that is what makes the bike go off to the side when you dont want it to when you hit a jump. Rebound is a big factor to. remember in MXS its rebound dampening. so that means your rebound is at its fastest when it set to 0, and at its slowest at 100. (rebound is how fast your suspension goes back into place) you want your rebound within 10-15 settings within eachother (as far as forks and shocks go) i would suggest somewhere between 60-80, mess around with this quite a bit. If your rebound is to high, you will get shot nose down on jumps, or your front wheel will just roll of on bumps and slide out easily. if rebound is to slow, your bike wont corner correctly and wont skim across the woops like you would like it to. if you dont feel like your bike is setting into a good line, look at your front rebound a tad, but remember, keep both rebound settings within 10-15 units. Preoload is another great thing to mess with. preload is how much the suspension pushes twoards the bike. so alot of fork preload will help keep your ass end down, alot of shock preload will keep your front tire down. In SX, you generally want a lower fork preload (i would suggest somthing between 10-30) because when you have it really high, your front end tends to slide out easily, just like it would with high rebound. However, shock preload isnt as dramatic as rebound is in the rear when you have it really high, because all it is really doing, is focasing your front wheel INTO THE GROUND! with super cross being as tight as it is. you want that front end to be down practically all the dime. the higher your shock preoload is, the sharper your bike will turn (biggest difference in my SX and MX setups is my shock preload). so i would suggest a setting between 50-80, ik its a wide range, but were you put it is more of a preference and really depends on your riding style. As far as your spring rates go. thats somthing that when you get set, you should keep the same always, cause in the game your rider will always weight 150lb. only point in messing with pring rate, would come when you hop up on a 450. but i still dont even do that (when i probably should when i rode the open class) that being said i would suggest both your spring rates be the same cause that will affect every part of your suspension, somewere between 40-60 seems to be the common for alot of set ups i noticed. I run at 40, and dont mess with it ever.

For advanced stufff i cant really sit here and type all that out lol. look on MXSimPits.com for their suspension guide, it will explain everything in detail (I mean everything) you need to sit down and take some time to figure out what this stuff does so you can run your own set up. cause this game is actually alot like real motocross (shocker). You can have some guy the same weight and the same speed adjust your bike for you, likely hood is though, you are going to change a few things after they tune it for you anyways. you can give any rider Tysen's setup, llikely hood is, they wont get anyfaster because they dont have the same riding style as he does. hope this helps. Oh one more thing to help you get tuning. When you adjust any suspension setting in MXS. adjust everything by 5 units at a time. reason for that is, most settings on any dirtbike in real life for this type of stuff only have 16-24 clicks. no bike has 100 click settings that is just crazy. when you change everything by units of 5, its takes you from 100, to 20 clicks, which is much more managable, and you can tell when somthing makes a difference, rather than doing 1 at a time and not noticing shit. sorry for crappy spelling and all that. if you dont understand somthing you can PM me and i can help you out.
crashreallyfast

almoast forgot. for motocross, whats really nice is all you need to do when you get a good sx settup , is raise your compression around 10-15 settings up front and rear (fine tuning for each track, cause motocross is awsome like that) rebound can stay the same or go up 5-10 settings (slowing it down) Fork preload can go up a 10-20 settings also to help you stay in controll in thoes breaking bumps. Shock preload needs to go down alot, though, for motocross (again this always depends on your setup and riding style) somewere between 40-60 usually works, lower your shock preload is, the slow youre bike corners, giving it a more chopper like turning in the corners, which is what you want in MX. again, any question you can put up on this post, or PM me if you want. Good luck :wink:
JTmoto
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Eleven10 Mods Suzuki

Post by JTmoto »

Hmm not sure if I want setup tips from a guy named "crashreallyfast"... Haha just messing, thanks for the tips man!
crashreallyfast

[quote="JTmoto"]Hmm not sure if I want setup tips from a guy named "crashreallyfast"... Haha just messing, thanks for the tips man![/quote

Crashing really fast only happens when im on hondas... CRF= Crash Really Fast :P
Serjovax

Post by Serjovax »

crash i loved ur tip very detailed thanks ive been looking 4 this for some time :wink:
Serjovax

Post by Serjovax »

crashreallyfast wrote: Rebound is a big factor to. remember in MXS its rebound dampening. so that means your rebound is at its fastest when it set to 0, and at its slowest at 100. (rebound is how fast your suspension goes back into place) you want your rebound within 10-15 settings within eachother (as far as forks and shocks go) i would suggest somewhere between 60-80, mess around with this quite a bit. If your rebound is to high, you will get shot nose down on jumps, or your front wheel will just roll of on bumps and slide out easily. if rebound is to slow, your bike wont corner correctly and wont skim across the woops like you would like it to. if you dont feel like your bike is setting into a good line, look at your front rebound a tad, but remember, keep both rebound settings within 10-15 units.
so if im nose diving i should change wich rebound shock or fork ????
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

It really depends whether you're having more trouble in the whoops or in the corners.

For SX, I set my bike up to be forgiving in the whoops and rhythm sections, and just make do in flat or off-camber corners. Almost opposite of crash really fast, I run more compression at both ends, more spring rate at both ends, and a little more rebound on the rear, and about stock rebound up front. Also, unless you are having trouble getting the bike to turn, you can run your stability a little higher than you would think, and the consistency will more than make up for the half a mph you give up in corner speed.

Out doors I run 3-5 more stability, a little quicker rebound in the rear, and a little softer compression at both ends. You can also add preload to the front, or remove it from the rear, if you are getting head shake in rough sections.

If you are nose diving you need to change your riding technique, either lean back at the lip, throttle on the face, or end your scrub with a little tug backwards. To mask bad riding habits you can lower your rider weight distribution and forward spring settings until you get your timing down better.

My general advice would be to go with a slower turning bike, with more stability both indoors and out, until your setup is noticeably holding you back in the corners.
crashreallyfast

Serjovax wrote:
so if im nose diving i should change wich rebound shock or fork ????
shock, that is what would push you down. like that, bu he is right, i might want to try riding a stiffer setup to see if you like it, also raising stability is huge. i went from 8 to 15 in sx and dropped lap times by 1.5 seconds, and was 10 times more consistant.
bishopr7

Post by bishopr7 »

hey crashreallyfast thanks so much this has helped more than anything ive found on here thank you very much
colin29a

Post by colin29a »

crashreallyfast wrote: For advanced stufff i cant really sit here and type all that out lol. look on MXSimPits.com for their suspension guide, it will explain everything in detail (I mean everything) you need to sit down and take some time to figure out what this stuff does so you can run your own set up. cause this game is actually alot like real motocross (shocker).
mxsimpits is no longer a website! and i really wanted to learn more about what settings do what. know any other sources?
Gideon#67

Post by Gideon#67 »

colin29a wrote:
crashreallyfast wrote: For advanced stufff i cant really sit here and type all that out lol. look on MXSimPits.com for their suspension guide, it will explain everything in detail (I mean everything) you need to sit down and take some time to figure out what this stuff does so you can run your own set up. cause this game is actually alot like real motocross (shocker).
mxsimpits is no longer a website! and i really wanted to learn more about what settings do what. know any other sources?
This is the same exact thing I had posted on simpits. http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic. ... ed#p536766
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
Wiggles
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wiggles »

colin29a wrote:
Mxsimpits is it called mxsimpits.net
Wiggles Smith
Youtube Waggles Gaming
Instagram Wiggles_smith
Facebook N/A