Xbox 360 Controller wont work with 1.8

Post your questions here
KnifeLag
Team: Privateer

Xbox 360 Controller wont work with 1.8

Post by KnifeLag »

Hey people, I just bought Mx Sim, I had been playing a bootleg copy until I got some cash to buy the game, I've been using my 360 controller fine on the 1.7 snapshot. I bought the game and downloaded it and it runs fine but it wont recognise my controller. My controller is still mapped to the throttle etc but in races, no matter what I button I press on the controller nothing happens. I've reinstalled the game and drivers and still nothing. Any ideas? :)
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Re: Xbox 360 Controller wont work with 1.8

Post by HondaRider746 »

Is your controller connected before you start your game? Do your buttons work when you edit your controls? You could try resetting your controls, to see if that helps at all.
I throw whips.
KnifeLag

Post by KnifeLag »

My controller is always plugged in and before, i would just start the game and it would work.
I've tried going to customize controls, all my controls that i bound are there for the controller, i click to change them and hit the corresponding button on the controller and nothing, it doesn't recognise it at all.
The controller works fine with other games.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

KnifeLag wrote:My controller is always plugged in and before, i would just start the game and it would work.
I've tried going to customize controls, all my controls that i bound are there for the controller, i click to change them and hit the corresponding button on the controller and nothing, it doesn't recognise it at all.
Go back to 1.7 and see if it works. If not restart your computer, and then maybe reinstall the drivers.
KnifeLag

Post by KnifeLag »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:
KnifeLag wrote:My controller is always plugged in and before, i would just start the game and it would work.
Go back to 1.7 and see if it works. If not restart your computer, and then maybe reinstall the drivers.
I went back to 1.7, it doesn't work there now, also reinstalled drivers and restarted computer. Vista 64bit os as well.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Is the XBox controller listed in the lastlog.txt file? It should be after "DirectInput roll call...".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MXTrent75287
Crushed Dissenter

Post by MXTrent75287 »

KnifeLag wrote:Hey people, I just bought Mx Sim, I had been playing a bootleg copy until I got some cash to buy the game...)
Lol why would you say that? Surprised you're still here. Glad you ended up doing the right thing in the end, as corny as it sounds. This game deserves it.
FatTree25 wrote:Trent did say it best though.
My Stats | Add me on Steam
KnifeLag

Post by KnifeLag »

jlv wrote:Is the XBox controller listed in the lastlog.txt file? It should be after "DirectInput roll call...".
What do you mean? Where would I find it?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Open Windows Start / All Programs / MX Simulator / MX Simulator Personal Folder. That should open a file explorer with the lastlog file in it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
KnifeLag

Post by KnifeLag »

I just checked the lastlog.txt file, the xbox controller is not listed after "DirectInput roll call..."

Where else would I go from here?
KnifeLag

Post by KnifeLag »

I also just went and installed it to my laptop, controller words fine there. It's just my other computer for some reason. I've deleted everything I can find to do with Mx Sim and reinstalled and still nothing.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

DirectInput isn't enumerating it. Does it show up in dxdiag?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
KnifeLag

Post by KnifeLag »

jlv wrote:DirectInput isn't enumerating it. Does it show up in dxdiag?
It wasn't showing up in dxdiag. So I checked device manager and apparently 'HID Compliant game controller' was disabled. I enabled it again and now my game works. Awesome :D Thank you for your time as well. Good day.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

i have the same problem, my controller isn't working but it is listed 2 times in my lastlog file

[32:21:26.35] DirectInput roll call...
[32:21:26.35] Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows) (Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows))
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
Specialized
Team: Private Racing ;)

Post by Specialized »

Hey Guys didnt want to start a new topic for this, but i ve issues with the xbox one controller, too. Since ive got Win 10, my RT and LT bumpers arent working right anymore. (I played the game before win 10 with same settings and it worked well) So i m always on full throttle even if i dont use my RT bumper which is normaly my throttle. But when i hit the LT bumper it brakes (dont use the LT bumper in the normal controller settings) idk what to do. in all other games like reflex, the controller works well. its calibrated and all stuff. just mxs wont work.

any help here?!
Braap#570