MacTutorial: Mx Simulator and xbox360 controller triggers

Post your questions here
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Re: MacTutorial: Mx Simulator and xbox360 controller trigger

Post by sapelgas431 »

That's the driver I installed and it doesn't work. To get it to work on OSX Lion I had to do this:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1327396
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

does Tattiebogle drivers work with other controllers? (logitech f710?)
Tanner Rogers
vmaki
Team: Privateer

Post by vmaki »

sapelgas431 wrote:That's the driver I installed and it doesn't work. To get it to work on OSX Lion I had to do this:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1327396
Good to hear you got it to work!
motokid499 wrote:does Tattiebogle drivers work with other controllers? (logitech f710?)
The driver is made for the xbox controller so it probably won't work. You can always try but don't keep your hopes up.
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

First off, thanks for creating this driver as a 360 controller is a must for me. Im having a problem though, I've downloaded everything and the mac is recognizing the controller and all the buttons work however after i added the new text I'm still not getting to use either of the triggers in the game? Im using an afterglow 360 controller. What am i doing wrong? Thanks for all the help!
vmaki

Post by vmaki »

btrill135 wrote:First off, thanks for creating this driver as a 360 controller is a must for me. Im having a problem though, I've downloaded everything and the mac is recognizing the controller and all the buttons work however after i added the new text I'm still not getting to use either of the triggers in the game? Im using an afterglow 360 controller. What am i doing wrong? Thanks for all the help!
To make things clear I'm not the author of the driver. I only wrote this tutorial after messing around with the config file and realising that you can manually add those triggers. (jlv, if you are reading, do you have an idea why the game doesn't recognise the triggers but one can manually add them?)

Can you post the config file you have edited? Also an other reason might be that you are using a third party controller.
zen-ef

Post by zen-ef »

i was just wondering as i have a wired 360 controller and it works on my mac but when i go into map the controls in mx sim the buttons don't map and will only map to my keyboard?
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

zen-ef wrote:i was just wondering as i have a wired 360 controller and it works on my mac but when i go into map the controls in mx sim the buttons don't map and will only map to my keyboard?
Shot in the dark here, but are you plugging the controller in before you start the game? I play on a PC, so it may be different, but if I don't plug it in before opening MXS is doesn't work.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
RyanVickers109

Post by RyanVickers109 »

hi there i am stuck on getting the controller triggers working i am on the part where you have to Navigate to drive_c/users/YOUR USERNAME/Local Settings/Application Data/MX Simulator. Open the config file with your favorite text editor. my problem is that when i open the application data folder i don't not have mx simulator in there?

could anyone help would be much appreciated :D
KingIng44

Re: MacTutorial: Mx Simulator and xbox360 controller triggers

Post by KingIng44 »

so I'm having a problem with the game not saving my settings...how do i fix that?