How To Correctly Install New Graphic Drivers

Post your questions here
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: How To Correctly Install New Graphic Drivers

Post by jlv »

You don't have to buy the drivers. You should be able to download them for free. If it's an Intel GPU the performance isn't going to be very good no matter what you do.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
imboredd:\\
Team: Privateer

Post by imboredd:\\ »

So I would need a different computer ? I have a Sony Vaio thats about 3 years old.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'm not sure what GPU is in that, but integrated Intel graphics is usually pretty slow. So yes, your only option is to get something faster.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
mobber626

Post by mobber626 »

Yes, I have had this game for about a month it was working quite fine at first, until recently within the last week, all it has been doing is lagging and it is MORE FRUSTRATING THAN THE GAME ITSELF. I have:
1. Restarted my computer
2. Turned the graphics down
3. Downloaded a Video card driver from intel
4. Cleared up memory
5. Completely Shutdown my computer
My computer is a newer computer I DO NOT SEE a reason for this to suddenly start happening nor do I want to deal with this bs anymore. If any of you have a logical explanation and fix to this it would be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!
PLEASE HELP
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

I need some serious help. I recently purchased a Geforce GT 610. It cam in today, I got it installed, and used the driver disc to install drivers. My screen is fuzzy and sim is 8 fps on the menu. I came here to download new, up-to-date drivers, but everytime I try to download the file, it gets 1 mb away and won't finish downloading. I've tried different browsers, different sites to download from, everything I can think of and it just will not download. I'm trying to download the 335.23 from nVidia, and it refuses to download. Please help!
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Alright, got it downloaded... twice... lol. But now I'm getting errors when I try to open it. Different ones for both downloaded installers
Error 1: Image

Error 2: Image

Please, please, PLEASE help me. I dropped $50 on this, I don't want it to be a waste
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Look at your downloads folder and make sure the installer is the right size. You have some failed downloads in there. That's why the browser is adding (1) to the filename.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

On the site yz postedm the dl is 232, and mine downloads 222, but on nVidia's site, it's 221.5 and I download 222 still. I downloaded the installer multiple times, that's why the (1) is there, not because it split into two, if that helps you at all. But, everything I checked said the same thing, and it's either 10 mbs below, or .5 over. Everytime
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If it's supposed to be 221.5 and you have 222 it's probably just rounding up. Just make sure you're running the completed download and not one of the failed downloads.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

I am. I've tried and tried and it just refuses to work. I've even tried downloading nVidia's auto detect and download drivers app and it won't open. Is there anything in my computer that could be causing it? Maybe a virus that's fucking with it?
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
mxsrider96

Post by mxsrider96 »

Thank you jlv! I tried downloading on my mom's laptop and using my flash drive to move it over, and it worked perfectly. Now I just need to know why I couldn't download the installer all the way...
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
colvinry

Post by colvinry »

Hey guys,

I bricked my old HD and upgraded to a SSD and installed the latest version of Windows 8.1. I am running an older Dell XPS 1640 with integrated graphics card (ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670). This set up worked okay for me while I was running windows 7. With the windows 8.1 update the driver was changed to the WMMD v1.1 driver, this thing sucks and won't run the game. I have found the historic drivers on AMD's site, however, the oldest version (12.1) available did not support my card. Does anyone have an older driver file I could get from you or know where I could find a complete list of older AMD drivers? I still may run into issues with trying to install the old driver into 8.1 but I am going to give it a shot.

Thanks DUDES!!!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Tech Power Up has a lot of old drivers, click the drop down box on the side and change it from 'show latest versions' to 'show all versions'.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Dr ... _Catalyst/
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

This one says it supports what you have: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/d ... 8%20-%2064
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
colvinry

Post by colvinry »

Thanks for the input YZ. I used the driver you provided. I was missing a crucial step. I didn't wipe the old drivers before I was attempting to install the new stuff. I used a wiper program (Guru3d Display Driver Uninstaller). This also turned of the auto updates that windows was doing in the background. I think that was a big issue as well. I would uninstall and then windows would put in the shitty driver and it would tell me it is already up too date. Thanks again. See you on the track!!