Xbox One controller Issues

Post your questions here
charper732
Team: Privateer

Xbox One controller Issues

Post by charper732 »

I tried searching for this but no luck. My 360 bit the dust. I bought a xbox one controller and I am using the microsoft drivers for it. The back triggers on the controller are not working at all. They are not even recognized when I try to set them in the controller/configuration in the game. I'm not sure if its a driver issue or game issue as mx sim is the only game I play.

Any suggestions?
juicer731

Re: Xbox One controller Issues

Post by juicer731 »

Not home right now, so I'll check it out more when I get home, but the triggers worked fine for me so it definitely isn't sim. Yeah probably make sure you have the right drivers
charper732

Post by charper732 »

I have the x64 version of windows and those drivers loaded. I attempted on my desktop and laptop with same results
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

I wanted to try it out I will do it in a little bit and post my results. Maybe try calibrating see if that helps or at least see if you can get some input from the triggers?
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

Works fine for me. Are any of your buttons working?
charper732

Post by charper732 »

How do i go about calibrating? I am actually having one more issue where the right joystick needs to be calibrated because the rider is always sitting a bit forward and doesnt lean back all the way when pulled back on the joystick.
I also have no idea how to go about seeing if i have any input from the triggers other than trying to set them in the controller configuration in the game. Which they dont.
charper732

Post by charper732 »

Cancel that. I just Calibrated on the "device and printers" under control panel. The triggers do not register. The left trigger somewhat registers as the "Z" axis but that that is it. The right trigger doesn't do anything. All the other controls work on the controller.
MXfish
Team: Blume Racing

Post by MXfish »

got the same problem
MXfish
Team: Blume Racing

Post by MXfish »

Figured it out:

Go in the folder where your demos are safed an find the config file. Edit it with notepad++ or editor, and change this 3 lines:

Just copy and replace this there:

Code: Select all

throttle_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 5
front_brake_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 2
rear_brake_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 2
Mike220

Post by Mike220 »

I'll give it a try after work. Thanks!
DaleMullins873
Team: Transmoto

Post by DaleMullins873 »

MXfish wrote:Figured it out:

Go in the folder where your demos are safed an find the config file. Edit it with notepad++ or editor, and change this 3 lines:

Just copy and replace this there:

Code: Select all

throttle_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 5
front_brake_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 2
rear_brake_key=(0.062500,0.937500)Controller(XboxOneForWindows) axis 2

THANKYOU MAN!!!!!! IT WORKS <3
⚔️2017 Australian MX2 Nationals Champion
⚔️2019 MXSEMF 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2019 Australian 250 Supercross Champion
⚔️2020 EMF NA Supercross 250 Champion
Mike220

Post by Mike220 »

hmm mine is not working. Now my gas is on all the time 100%. If i pull in the left trigger the gas turns off. I don't think i have brakes at all. I want to have my gas on the right trigger and the front and rear brakes on the right trigger. I noticed in the calibration in windows. Windows is call the triggers Z axis and they go from 0 to 255. I 'm not certain if this matters or not but im still having prob's!
Uollie

Post by Uollie »

For anyone who has issues with their throttle being wide open all the time without pulling their trigger in, you have to set the binding to make sure the axis says "positive" not "negative". I don't really know why its difficult to do, but basically what I did was just spam your trigger while clicking the bind you want. Often you'll see it not work at all, and sometimes it will show up binding but still be negative or something...Just gotta keep doing it and it will eventually show up "positive". Then just do the same for the other trigger till you get what you want.

The problem I'M having now is trying to get the triggers to be more sensitive... anyone have any clue on that? It takes about 1/2 a trigger pull for the throttle to register and of course its pretty tricky playing with only half a trigger pull to be easy on the throttle control =/
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Uollie wrote:For anyone who has issues with their throttle being wide open all the time without pulling their trigger in, you have to set the binding to make sure the axis says "positive" not "negative". I don't really know why its difficult to do, but basically what I did was just spam your trigger while clicking the bind you want. Often you'll see it not work at all, and sometimes it will show up binding but still be negative or something...Just gotta keep doing it and it will eventually show up "positive". Then just do the same for the other trigger till you get what you want.

The problem I'M having now is trying to get the triggers to be more sensitive... anyone have any clue on that? It takes about 1/2 a trigger pull for the throttle to register and of course its pretty tricky playing with only half a trigger pull to be easy on the throttle control =/
Try my settings Chris

Tanner Rogers
ZeroGravity

Post by ZeroGravity »

How do I get into the file with all the codes and stuff people are talking about?