General Setup Tips

Post your questions here
IanGroganFMX
Team: Privateer

General Setup Tips

Post by IanGroganFMX »

Hey guys, I've been playing mx sim for about a year on and off now. I've really hit it hard the past month with SX starting back up. I'm just looking for some general guidance as far as a setup goes.

I set my stability to 15 and have not touched it. From there I've tweaked the suspension to get a somewhat stable bike that doesn't endo off of jump faces and is solid through the whoops (if i hit them straight on). I adjusted some of the advanced stability settings to help me from washing out the front end in corners so often. The problems I'm suffering with more often then not are control in the whoops and rhythm sections.

As i said before, if i dont hit the whoops dead on, the bike starts bucking and kicking like crazy after 5 or so whoops. That wouldnt be a big deal if I could tweak my way through the rest of them, but the slightest bit of pressure on the joystick sends me cartwheeling. I see these guys on youtube and they from one side to the other through the whoops, then rail the berm, and triple out into the next section. Which brings me to my next point. I just cannot triple in rhythm sections. I have to double everything, especially on this year's SX tracks. If i try to stretch it out and triple, my rear wheel hits the top of the landing, I get tilted a little sideways, and then i just gradually drift into the tough blocks because otherwise I over correct and cartwheel.

So what are some settings I can tweak that will give the bike a little more solid feel at high speed through rhythm and whoop sections, but still be nimble in the corners??

thanks guys
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: General Setup Tips

Post by Wahlamt »

You'll recieve a pm.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Wahlamt wrote:You'll recieve a pm.
Feel free to push that PM over to me as well. The OP has great timing, because I am experiencing nearly identical struggles and feel like I have plateaued in terms of progression. Any help is much appreciated.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

You have one too in a few minutes!
suzuki98

Post by suzuki98 »

I could use some tips also
jakis15

Post by jakis15 »

I have the same problem... need a good settings, happens with the woops and when jumping also, can´t control my bike in the air and it rotates in a bad way.. Thanks
Wilson16

Post by Wilson16 »

So I am just starting out I played on default settings for a while on 20 stability and I think im ready to move up can anyone give me some tips on stability setup and suspension and also what does the dab help with