Clutch Lag?

Post your questions here
Austin208
Team: Pogo

Clutch Lag?

Post by Austin208 »

Hey guys,

I've come across some type of I'm not sure if to call it lag, or what it is. I have had this happen periodically while playing sim. Just curious about what could be causing this issue.

The issue involves the clutch tending to seem "stuck" it's quite difficult to explain what is happening, but to give an example: If you were to be riding and in second gear, the bike hits the rev limiter, much like the clutch is being held in. Which it is not. The problem doesn't occur in just corners, while shifting, or any one particular situation. It seems random, and Tony and I have not been able to come to a root cause of this.

More explanation: If the bike were to be going down the straight to hit a jump in second before the face it feels, and sounds, like the clutch is being held. It sounds like I'm Barcia riding the entire track. Like I said earlier, it doesn't just happen before jumps or after, but in any sections. Randomly.

Some computer specs: AMD A10-5800K processor and GTX 960 card. The card is not overclocked.
Gameplay: 125FPS, 30-100ping, and normal offset. Have tried lowering and raising graphics to see if it's a graphics problem, and it doesn't appear to be the case.

Any feedback and tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
Austin
[center]I fly airplanes for a living, bitches.[/center][/i]
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: Clutch Lag?

Post by motokid499 »

You're just hitting the rev limited with no wheelspin. That means you need to shift up.....
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

What do you have the clutch bound to?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Austin208

Post by Austin208 »

motokid499 wrote:You're just hitting the rev limited with no wheelspin. That means you need to shift up.....

I've had the game for almost 3 years. I know how to shift up... thanks for the help.

JLV- My clutch is bound to my left bumper on the xbox360 wired controller.

To continue off the smartass comment provided my motokid, it DOES NOT MATTER if I shift up or down, the bike continues to stay in a "false neutral" type feel.
Austin208

Post by Austin208 »

Sorry for double post, but pretty important information.

Tried switching clutch to a different button on the controller, same thing happened.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

Austin208 wrote:To continue off the smartass comment provided my motokid, it DOES NOT MATTER if I shift up or down, the bike continues to stay in a "false neutral" type feel.
Meow.

The way you phrased your problem is strange and kind of hard to understand what you're trying to say. Don't think he was trying to be smart ass.

Sounds like your a controller issue. Maybe reinstall the driver or something.
Austin208

Post by Austin208 »

It was very much so a smart ass remark. I don't think the comment "shift up" was an actual attempt to help solve the problem. It's a pretty blatant insult to anyone to assume that the person is incompetent enough to not "shift up". I understand the functions of an engine, and know the concept of shifting pretty well. I used the phrase shifting in my explanation to begin with, so it seemed pretty clear to what I was trying to get across. Perhaps stating that if I am sitting in 3rd gear tapped I have sat in the same spot, without moving, without the clutch, could have helped further explain the situation.

JLV you may close or delete the thread. The issue has been determined to be the controller itself.

Thanks for the help,
Austin
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Austin208 wrote:It was very much so a smart ass remark. I don't think the comment "shift up" was an actual attempt to help solve the problem. It's a pretty blatant insult to anyone to assume that the person is incompetent enough to not "shift up". I understand the functions of an engine, and know the concept of shifting pretty well. I used the phrase shifting in my explanation to begin with, so it seemed pretty clear to what I was trying to get across. Perhaps stating that if I am sitting in 3rd gear tapped I have sat in the same spot, without moving, without the clutch, could have helped further explain the situation.

JLV you may close or delete the thread. The issue has been determined to be the controller itself.

Thanks for the help,
Austin
Im sorry I came off that way, they way you described it, I just didnt understand the problem. Thanks for the assumption though...
So when this happens, you're actually loosing speed? say you're 5th tapped, and then this issue occurs, does the bike actually slow? As if it were eventually going to come to a complete stop if the problem continued? Or does it just maintain the speed from when the problem occurred?
Sorry to dig up the thread :/ just curious
Tanner Rogers