How will this laptop play MX Sim????

Post your questions here
MrBajabug65
Team: Team Chipotle Racing

How will this laptop play MX Sim????

Post by MrBajabug65 »

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion ... Id=3787022

I was wondering how this laptop would do playing MX sim? If someone has an idea that would be great to know!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: How will this laptop play MX Sim????

Post by Wahlamt »

When buying any pc/laptop for this game, it's recommended to not have intergrated graphics, instead go the extra mile to get a separate video card in the machine. I don't think it will run it on especially high graphics.
John23

Post by John23 »

I have it, and it starts to lag on the 19800 server with 64x64 resolution and Geometric Detail at 2. It's good for single player.
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Trevor
Crushed Dissenter
Team: 21 Savage

Post by Trevor »

I would recommend saving up your money and making a laptop from scratch. Pre-Built gaming computers are nice, don't get me wrong but, when you build your own computer you learn how it works.
John23

Post by John23 »

Trevor wrote:I would recommend saving up your money and making a laptop from scratch. Pre-Built gaming computers are nice, don't get me wrong but, when you build your own computer you learn how it works.
I don't think you can make a laptop from scratch. Can you?
jlv wrote:This post is useless.
Monsterenergy52
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FBI

Post by Monsterenergy52 »

John23 wrote:
Trevor wrote:I would recommend saving up your money and making a laptop from scratch. Pre-Built gaming computers are nice, don't get me wrong but, when you build your own computer you learn how it works.
No, it's possible. But I have no idea where you can get parts and it will be a b***h to build. Definitely go with a desktop...
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

Monsterenergy52 wrote:
John23 wrote:
No, it's possible. But I have no idea where you can get parts and it will be a b***h to build. Definitely go with a desktop...
You can find barebone notebooks yes. It's pointless though. Parts are next to impossible to find and its actually more expensive to build a laptop vs buy a pre built one.
Tanner Rogers
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

If you absolutely need a laptop and are on budget then I would recommend this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-gp60-le ... Id=4879034

You could probably find something better for the price online, but if you're buying from bestbuy this is the best bet I think. I wouldn't get anything cheaper than this, you'll just be disappointed. This MSI will be able to run a 40 man gate on nationals with playable fps if you have your graphics turned down a lot. There is also a 17 inch model if you want a bigger screen. Laptops are expensive. I dumped $2000 into a laptop and I start dipping below 100fps on a 40 man gate if my graphics arent turned down.

Key tip - most laptops have the cpu and gpu soldered to the motherboard. Most of your budget should go towards these two things, because they are not upgrade able. If you buy online, places like Xoticpc can customize the laptop for you when you buy it. Focus on getting the best cpu and gpu you can. stuff like storage and ram are upgrade able in a laptop, so you can worry about those later, where as if you spend your budget on a laptop with a 1tb HDD and 2 SSD's in Raid with 32gb of RAM, then odds are your CPU and GPU and going to be shit unless you pay $3000 for the thing

This is the laptop I bought http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/eur ... e7f359en02

500gb HDD, no SSD's, 8GB ram, but it has an i7 4710HQ and a GTX 970M. Second best GPU you can get right now in a laptop. I found a laptop with a killer cpu and gpu, then worried about the rest later.
Tanner Rogers