Shitty ps4 controllers

Post your questions here
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Shitty ps4 controllers

Post by DonnieTheDealer »

So I'm on my sixth ps4 controller. All of them I've had problems with buttons not being registered when I push them after a few months of use. It seems like every other time I push a button it doesn't work. Also if I hit a button repeatedly it only registers it once or twice. However, the last three controllers I've had started doing this within two or three days of use(the last one I bought literally stopped working after an hour of use.) I don't throw my controllers or anything like that as they are expensive as hell. Anyone else have this issue or a solution to this problem? I would definitely switch to an xbox controller but I just don't play sim as much anymore to get used to another controller. Oh and if anyone is thinking of switching to a ps4 controller, don't you fucking do it. you'll wanna noose it.
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
ROSE822
Team: Hidden Design

Re: Shitty ps4 controllers

Post by ROSE822 »

ayyy ma boy, your best of burning the controllers tbh, play on a keyboard :wink: :mrgreen:
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Just plugged in my brother xbox one ccontroller, and the same exact thing is happening. when i shift up quickly it only shifts one or two times, same for downshifting into a corner. So after having three ps4 controller and one xbox controller with the same problem I would assume its my pc or a problem with sim, any one got any advice?
2016 MXSON Champion 2014 MXSON Champion Won highpoint on a 125 Good at Raging It's Whatever
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

another update lol, i tried to use my keyboard thanks to jake up there, AND THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURED. so obviously its something with the game im assuming?
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

I've been using mine for almost 2 years and it works really good. It could be your game or something else, have you tried Input Mapper? This is what i use so my computer can recognize my controller and have my triggers progressive
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

It most likely isn't my controller as it is doing it with a ps4, and xbox, and my keyboard. I just don't know what could be wrong with my game to make it do that.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Are you trying to shift faster than 128 times per second? The game only lets you shift once per 128 Hz step.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

haha theres no way I can push it more than maybe 5 times a second if I am smashing on it trying to push it as quick as I can. It's not like I'm shifting any faster than a normal person would either, like I'll downshift twice coming into a corner and it only shifts one time.
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

Just uninstalled and reinstalled sim, I didn't get the new snapshot so I could test it on the 1.10 update. Still having the same problem.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Do you have auto shifting off?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

yes auto shifting is off
MrMx198
Team: FlowTech

Post by MrMx198 »

What controller program are you using to play MXS with it?
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

MrMx198 wrote:What controller program are you using to play MXS with it?
Not using one, PS4 controllers are plug and play. He also stated that this problem occurs with all devices, not just the controller.
Tanner Rogers
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Are your getting a really slow framerate? That could cause input problems.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
DonnieTheDealer
Crushed Dissenter

125 fps constantly. I restarted my pc and its fine again, but it starts doing it after a while. just have to keep restarting my pc I guess