Screen stuttering

Post your questions here
Lyp3
Team: Sigma Motorsports

Screen stuttering

Post by Lyp3 »

Hello everybody.

So, since I started playing MX Simulator, I always had this problem. When I'm playing in another map than stock track, i get screen stuttering while playing. It's sometimes more or less marked depending of the track I'm playing (Maybe because of the track details strenght ?). I don't know from what it comes.

It's showing as a lot of micro-freezes and screen stuttering that makes your head painful and gives you nauseas... :?

So, as you can imagine, it's quite impossible to play on a custom track more than 20 minutes without quitting the game...

I have a really strong configuration compared to what the game uses:

GTX 670 OC edition
I7 3770k 3.5ghz
8 ram GO

With something like that, it's completely impossible to be a hardware problem. I never found another game stuttering except MXS. As FPS seems to be locked at 60 by default, I don't think that it is horizontal laceration.

I'm running the game at full graphics with 256 textures and shaders copy method.

Thanks for eventual replies :(
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Screen stuttering

Post by jlv »

Try going down a step on the model texture detail. The user created content tends to waste a lot of texture memory.

Also, if you haven't already, turn off threaded optimizations in Nvidia control panel.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Lyp3
Team: Sigma Motorsports

Re: Screen stuttering

Post by Lyp3 »

Okay I'll try this, I think that I have threaded optimisation activated.