Personal folder issue

Post your questions here
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Vibe+

Personal folder issue

Post by DABZZZ »

Been using my main folder to keep stuff, it works but it's becoming unorganized rather quickly. When I find my personal folder it says can't find game data so I assume they came unattached when updating snapshot but I'm having issues reconnecting these lost souls lol
IG:@mxs.battlegrounds
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Personal folder issue

Post by jlv »

Your personal folder is always "%localappdata%\MX Simulator". (Where %localappdata% is "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local" in recent versions of Windows.) The install folder is always the folder where the game exe is. If you get "can't find game data" it means the exe you just started doesn't have the zzzz.saf file accompanying it in the same folder.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

I have no issues locating my personal folder, I've always searched the same way you replied with as you helped me with a similar issues several years ago. So youre saying I need to drag zzzz. Saf into my personal folder to link the two of them? I'll try when I get home but it doesn't let me open the personal folder to do anything..
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

My game works fine in all servers, my personal folder is what says can't find game data when I double click. Thought maybe I should clarify.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Don't put the zzzz.saf file in your personal folder. When you double click the personal folder shortcut it actually runs the game exe with the --open-home option. It sounds like your original install folder (from when the shortcuts were created) doesn't have the zzzz.saf file in it anymore. You might want to just reinstall the game if things are that confused.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DABZZZ
Crushed Dissenter

Post by DABZZZ »

jlv wrote:Don't put the zzzz.saf file in your personal folder. When you double click the personal folder shortcut it actually runs the game exe with the --open-home option. It sounds like your original install folder (from when the shortcuts were created) doesn't have the zzzz.saf file in it anymore. You might want to just reinstall the game if things are that confused.
I must have done something incorrectly when redirecting for the snapshot... I honestly have no idea. I backed up downloaded stuff and redownloaded. Personal folder is now accessible as assumed.