tracks in ps

Post your questions here
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

tracks in ps

Post by sethiemeboi »

ive been really interested in the topic of creating tracks in photoshop. how does this even work?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: tracks in ps

Post by Wahlamt »

Look in the tutorials section in "Track editing". You basically create a greyscale image where you shape jumps, turns and everything else you want.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

Wahlamt wrote:Look in the tutorials section in "Track editing". You basically create a greyscale image where you shape jumps, turns and everything else you want.
i tried this out but it just seems more complicated and alot harder than just using the editor. do you know why people prefer PS than just the editor? what makes PS so much better?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

PS is not necessarily better, but it's just a matter of your preference and what skills you have from before. Like Chex for example worked in PS when he worked on the MVA games, therefor PS here is natural for him since he possesses the skills already. However one benefit could be that you can keep everything in layers in photoshop, while in game editor you have the gradient system. My personal preference is the editor, due to countless of hours spent with it ;)
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

Wahlamt wrote:PS is not necessarily better, but it's just a matter of your preference and what skills you have from before. Like Chex for example worked in PS when he worked on the MVA games, therefor PS here is natural for him since he possesses the skills already. However one benefit could be that you can keep everything in layers in photoshop, while in game editor you have the gradient system. My personal preference is the editor, due to countless of hours spent with it ;)
ok i guess that makes sense, i thought i was missing out on some crazy thing in photoshop that made is SO MUCh better that the editor and SO MUCH easier. but ig not,

thanks