FPS problems

Post your questions here
SoulDog
Team: Privateer

FPS problems

Post by SoulDog »

Now I've looked on the internet and such, but apparently if I havn't found a solution, I'm doing something wrong.
Graphics Card is NVDIA GeForce GT 650M
Processor is Intel® Core™ i7-3840QM Processor 2.80 GHz
RAM is 12.0 GB

What I'm using- http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,24 ... ?tab=Specs

May anyone inform me on how to get better FPS or anything that'll help? I'm not good as such with my Laptop and chances are you'll have to explain to me what you're talking about.
SoulDog

Re: FPS problems

Post by SoulDog »

I'm getting 8 fps on low graphic settings, also.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Sounds like you might be using the Microsoft GDI OpenGL driver. Try installing the driver from nvidia.com.

If it's still slow with the Nvidia driver, make sure it isn't using the integrated GPU. There's a setting in Nvidia control panel for the preferred graphics processor.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SoulDog

Post by SoulDog »

jlv wrote:Sounds like you might be using the Microsoft GDI OpenGL driver. Try installing the driver from nvidia.com.

If it's still slow with the Nvidia driver, make sure it isn't using the integrated GPU. There's a setting in Nvidia control panel for the preferred graphics processor.
What should my FPS be around once I do all of that? For I'm getting a 40-50 FPS right now, using some of those fixes.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Probably about right but I'm not sure what would be typical for a system like that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
SoulDog

Post by SoulDog »

Possible to be in races with 20+ people with that?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Might be a bit slow but should be playable. You probably want to stick with the stock models if you're already under 60 fps.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com