Is it worth upgrading my CPU?

Post your questions here
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Is it worth upgrading my CPU?

Post by RXR_Banjo »

Hello guys,

i was quite pissed after racing hangtown last night, i want a steady 125 fps and i couldnt get it.. I had 111 and 90 in some spots (and it is really noticable on MXS when you dont have 125)

After talking to some guys they told me my i5 4590 was the ''problem''... i dont really want to change my motherboard and memory so im stuck with the LGA1150 socket, i was thinking of maybe upgrading to the i7 4770

Here is my current rig: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/phildoyon/saved/xKwXsY

What's your thoughts? Is it worth it for mxs?

(FYI: I used 256 x 256 shaders direct, model geo at 20 and 8 , track at 85 and 8)

My other option would maybe try 128 x 128 but i didnt notice a big difference last year and still got fps drop sometimes

Thank you for your help / comments! :mrgreen:
Phil Doyon #423
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Re: Is it worth upgrading my CPU?

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

The only difference in fps I see is the 20s are way better than the teens but I also get 60fps on the stocks track on my LapTop
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
Bobber113

Post by Bobber113 »

i dont really see how you could be having a problem with that setup. the only thing i would do is add more RAM. (spec of your MOBO says it can run up to 32gb)

your video card should handle this game not a problem

Do you have all the skins for the teams/riders? maybe remove them mite make it easier
RXR_Banjo
Team: MotoStar

Post by RXR_Banjo »

I use low res track and low res object and i dont have a replacement bike pack (stock bikes are the original and ugly one), i have only 2-3 teams downloaded
Bobber113 wrote:i dont really see how you could be having a problem with that setup. the only thing i would do is add more RAM. (spec of your MOBO says it can run up to 32gb)

your video card should handle this game not a problem

Do you have all the skins for the teams/riders? maybe remove them mite make it easier
Phil Doyon #423