JLV ,my friend has a problem every one is invisable for him online

Post your questions here
hazz mazz
Team: Privateer

JLV ,my friend has a problem every one is invisable for him online

Post by hazz mazz »

my friend has a problem every one is invisable for him online.
he can see everyone on the gate and when the gates drop they all go invis
then it says on pit board lap 1 p1 does it in every server what is wrong
and the weird thing is his ping is still going and everything everyone is just invis
HELP JLV
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Re: JLV ,my friend has a problem every one is invisable for him online

Post by Boblob801 »

I don't get it, whats wrong? Sounds like a good thing, now all the goons can't murder him :lol: :lol:
Hi
Mr. Wiggles
Team: GSR/137 Kid

Post by Mr. Wiggles »

Boblob801 wrote:I don't get it, whats wrong? Sounds like a good thing, now all the goons can't murder him :lol: :lol:
unless he is the goon
Bottom feeder at LCQ Studios
Internet Nice Guy!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Someone else had the same problem in this topic. Not sure if he got it working or not. If your friend has any firewall or antivirus software filtering his internet traffic he should try disabling it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
hazz mazz

Post by hazz mazz »

jlv wrote:Someone else had the same problem in this topic. Not sure if he got it working or not. If your friend has any firewall or antivirus software filtering his internet traffic he should try disabling it.
thanks jlv will tery and i will keep you updateted
sale_on_now

Post by sale_on_now »

I have this same exact problem, although it only started about a week or two ago. I read that other topic and tried to play without my antivirus and firewall but I still had the same results. I did just recently upgrade my router to ac wireless but other than that nothing has changed so I don't really get what is going on. If anyone has any leads on how to fix this please reply its really annoying.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

The problem started when you switched routers? Probably the firewall on the router in that case.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sale_on_now

Post by sale_on_now »

jlv wrote:The problem started when you switched routers? Probably the firewall on the router in that case.
Hey JLV just tried turning off the firewall on my router and it didn't make any difference. I neglected to mention this before, mainly because I didn't notice it myself, but even before people start turning invisible I can't type in chat. And when I try to restart it just says "requesting restart" instead of the usual "joe motocross/player name is requesting a restart" I'm not sure if that helps you narrow down anything but I thought I would at least give the full picture.

I know that upgrading to a new router could have cause some of these issues, but on the other hand, when I had initially set the router up I was playing online just fine for about a week and then all of a sudden on time people just started turning invisible and I'm unable to chat.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Sounds like it's dropping everything after a while. If you do a "server,listplayers" right after you connect do you get a response?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
sale_on_now

Post by sale_on_now »

Just connected to the 19801 national server, tried the "server,listplayers" as soon as I connected and did not receive any response
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Is it the same on an empty server?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
sale_on_now

Post by sale_on_now »

Uhh yup just went to an empty server and immediately got a response
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You mean it responds on an empty server but not on a busy server? Maybe your ISP is blocking UDP when the bitrate exceeds a threshold as an anti-ddos measure? If that's what it is it'll be impossible to work around it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
sale_on_now

Post by sale_on_now »

Hey man sorry I haven't got back to you on this issue, I've been trying to sort out my internet with my ISP and I've finally managed to get my vdsl working. But I still have the same issue. I can ride around on any server that isn't busy and everything is fine, lap times recorded, the server responds and everything.

As soon as one person joins or I leave and go to a busy server as soon as the other riders go through the first time gate they all disappear. I tried updating MX sim as I was running an older snapshot, but unsurprisingly that didn't fix my issue haha.

But yeah I'm at a bit of a standstill, It really sucks no being able to play online. I just ride online for fun but it does suck not being able to chat or see anyone online.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

There's not much I can do if your ISP is dropping packets.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com