Laptop problems

Post your questions here
mason#317

Laptop problems

Post by mason#317 »

Hello everybody , I recently just got a good gaming laptop but i can only run MX and SX tracks on the low version. medium version i only get 15/20 FPS and its hardly playable.

Can someone please explain to me why and what can i upgrade in my Laptop so i can atleast play on medium versions i have GTA V, Farcry 3 and 4 and i also have The Forrest games installed and all of them can play on Ultra.

My specs are : I5 7300HQ
Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB
1TB Hard drive
8GB Ram
4GB of DDR5

I was thinking maybe because i dont have a SSD and my ram is too little ?
Atom6246

Re: Laptop problems

Post by Atom6246 »

Your specs seem like it would be able to run sim decently, really weird you are only getting 15/20 fps. Not that I think it will help much but I would go into your nvidia control panel and turn off threaded optimization and make sure vsync is off. Also what is your in game gfx settings?
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Go into graphics in Sim and check if it's using your integrated graphics or your nvidia graphics card.
mason#317

Post by mason#317 »

Atom6246 wrote:Your specs seem like it would be able to run sim decently, really weird you are only getting 15/20 fps. Not that I think it will help much but I would go into your nvidia control panel and turn off threaded optimization and make sure vsync is off. Also what is your in game gfx settings?
Thanks for the reply, i have turned both of them off and still no luck. my GFX settings are very low. Im using the "Compatibillity settings" and this is what it is..

Ground Detail :70
Ground Levels :9
Resolution :64X64
Ground Minimaps :Yes
Compress Textures :No
Rendering Method :Software
Shader Programs :Yes
Model GEO Detail :50
Model TEXT Detail :9
Roost :30
Lens Flares :Yes
Enable Reflections:Yes

As you can see the Resolution is very low and i still only get 20fps. If i Play a Low Version track i get a Max of 50FPS
mason#317

Post by mason#317 »

Wahlamt wrote:Go into graphics in Sim and check if it's using your integrated graphics or your nvidia graphics card.
I have Right Clicked and clicked on "Run With Graphics Processor" it gives 2 options and i have tried both options and they are exactly the same. Options are "High-performance NVIDIA Processor" and "Integerated graphics (Default)

I still only get roughly 40fps on the Low version tracks.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

mason#317 wrote:
Atom6246 wrote:Your specs seem like it would be able to run sim decently, really weird you are only getting 15/20 fps. Not that I think it will help much but I would go into your nvidia control panel and turn off threaded optimization and make sure vsync is off. Also what is your in game gfx settings?
Thanks for the reply, i have turned both of them off and still no luck. my GFX settings are very low. Im using the "Compatibillity settings" and this is what it is..

As you can see the Resolution is very low and i still only get 20fps. If i Play a Low Version track i get a Max of 50FPS
Not on this page, the previous one. Should say Nvidia driver and such too. There it should say gtx1050 somewhere
mason#317

Post by mason#317 »

Wahlamt wrote:
mason#317 wrote:

Not on this page, the previous one. Should say Nvidia driver and such too. There it should say gtx1050 somewhere
Thank you so much for pointing that out. it kept using the default graphics card and not the one i was selecting and i couldnt see that.. i managed to sort this problem out, now im getting 100fps with everything on Max , thank you