Stock skins for some reason

Post your questions here
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Team: VlastMX

Stock skins for some reason

Post by sethiemeboi »

so i choose some skins and load up the game and they work just fine, but on the next restart my skins are all gone, helmet/gear/bike/wheels are all gone and are just the stock models, when i go to bike setup it says they are on though. pretty annoying having to race looking like a retard
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Stock skins for some reason

Post by jlv »

Are your skin filenames really long? If the combined length of your name, number, bike name and skin filenames is over 984 characters it'll skip the skins.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

jlv wrote:Are your skin filenames really long? If the combined length of your name, number, bike name and skin filenames is over 984 characters it'll skip the skins.
not THAT long for sure, but i have an update, it runs my skins as long as i don't change ANYTHING in the bike setup menu.. if i change my name from seth garrett to seth it'll not run my skins for some reason. idk how to explain it really. it's not bugging me that much because i just got the stock model replacement thing. not a big deal just kinda weird
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Is it possible that you did a /readsetup that switched you to default skins and it didn't take effect until you changed your name?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter

Post by sethiemeboi »

jlv wrote:Is it possible that you did a /readsetup that switched you to default skins and it didn't take effect until you changed your name?
No, it just happens after i change something in bike setup, weather it be my helmet, gear, bike, wheels or name, upon the next restart i am in stock skins.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I just had another look at the code and it turns out the limit is 479 characters when you change your name, number, bike or skins. (The 984 limit is when you initially connect.) I bet you're over the limit.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

jlv wrote:I just had another look at the code and it turns out the limit is 479 characters when you change your name, number, bike or skins. (The 984 limit is when you initially connect.) I bet you're over the limit.
alright i'll check that out
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

jlv wrote:I just had another look at the code and it turns out the limit is 479 characters when you change your name, number, bike or skins. (The 984 limit is when you initially connect.) I bet you're over the limit.
i shortened my names and it stopped, so i'm pretty certain that was the issue, thanks dude
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.