Framerate going crazy

Post your questions here
Will93
Team: Privateer

Framerate going crazy

Post by Will93 »

I've updated my GPU driver recently (940MX), and as soon as I did my game has been unplayable due to the FPS going all over the place. It's jumping between 0-110 or so incredibly fast, like it tried taking speed to cure it's Parkinsons. Previously my FPS was at a constant 60 (my refresh rate) and I haven't changed any other settings. In the settings it indicates that it's not using integrated, and Sim is the only game I'm having this issue with. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Framerate going crazy

Post by jlv »

It might be best to just go back to the old driver. If it wasn't broken there's no real reason to upgrade. One thing that's been known to cause problems with Nvidia's driver is threaded optimizations. So try disabling that first.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Will93

Post by Will93 »

Unfortunately disabling threaded optimization didn't help. I'll try going back to the old driver then.
Will93

Post by Will93 »

Finally got home, freed up some space on my SSD and now it's working fine, same drivers. No clue what that was about, but thanks for the help anyways JLV :D