Multiplayer invisibility problem.

Post your questions here
mxr133
Team: Privateer

Multiplayer invisibility problem.

Post by mxr133 »

Me and a friend have been trying to play multiplayer together. When we join a lobby either he or i am invisible to the other. Usually he can see me but i cannot see him. I tried leaving and rejoining several times which works for about 2 minutes than while riding i go invisible to him, he could still see a ghosty outline of me and my roost but that was it. Tried googling couldnt find anything on it any help would be greatly appreciated.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Re: Multiplayer invisibility problem.

Post by Wahlamt »

You're ghosted invisible for 3 reasons really:

1: Warm up mode - you are not in the race, you are riding with just you visible/having collisions for yourself.

2: Lagging - If you have a very high ping, offset or just bad internet connection in general, you may appear ghosted.

3: Missing timing gates/not reaching them fast enough (most plausible) - If you for example go freeriding on the track or don't follow the trackpath (not hitting timing gates), you will be ghosted. I think the default setting is "if you don't hit the next expected timing gate within the 'average time + 10 seconds' from the previous gate to the next one, you will be ghosted". If it isnt this, it's something similar.

If you run the server off your pc, this command will remove any ghosting (sort of):
--off-course-bias 100000
That means that you will be ghosted after 100000 seconds of not hitting the gate (look in the readme for the command in case I misspelled or something).

Hope this made it a little clearer. Just ask again if you didn't understand or wonder something else :)