Timing gate ghosting

Post your questions here
Gornall43mx
Team: Privateer

Timing gate ghosting

Post by Gornall43mx »

Hey, I know this has been a reported problem before and it's even affected me a few years ago. I'm not sure how I resolved it the first time and from what iv'e seen it is quite an awkward one to sort.
Basically everyone ghosts for me after the first timing gate bla bla, however it doesn't always do it on the 19800 stock server and sometimes it doesn't do it on private servers. but 19803 for example it always happens.
Any suggestions as i would really like to get back online again.
Gornall43mx

Re: Timing gate ghosting

Post by Gornall43mx »

Just played on a friends server...worked fine, came out and rejoined then it didn't work.
Gornall43mx

Post by Gornall43mx »

Just discovered to, if he sets it to no ghosting it works fine with accurate timing.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Are you playing with a bad/unstable internet connection?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Next time it happens, type "server,debugplayers" and post the output. If you spectate the other players does their timing info update?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Gornall43mx

Post by Gornall43mx »

Sorry for late reply, the debug players doesn't work. nothing I type works when this problem is occurring.
Gornall43mx

Post by Gornall43mx »

And no I cannot see updated timing of the ghosted players. it says i am P1 with +0.0 seconds.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Sounds like the reliable messages aren't getting through. Are you getting lots of packet loss?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Gornall43mx

Post by Gornall43mx »

I can only assume so, haven't really been able to work it out.
Gornall43mx

Post by Gornall43mx »

Hi JLV sorry I have left it so long, but a recent discovery on this problem that i have found is, if I am in the server first i can play as per normal and see everyone, however if im not then i ghost after the 1st cp. other players can see me though.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Do the ghosted players stop moving?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Gornall43mx

Post by Gornall43mx »

No they don't, I can watch the race as normal but they're ghosts. Also if i type in chat other players can read it but i cant ?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Sounds like the server to client reliable messages are getting messed up somewhere. I can add some diagnostics if you'd like to gather some debugging info for me. Will you be around to do that?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
Jeston

Post by Jeston »

We're testing on my server at the moment. Seems as if when he joins the server and I'm already in there, his text chat doesn't work for him, as well as a server restart. I've fixed the ghosting issue for now with setting the off course bias to 75000 but it still doesn't solve the timing gate issue where he cant put any laps in. However, if we both disconnect from the server and he joins back first and I join after, his game seems fine.

This also happens on the elsinore servers, as well as the EMF qualifying and race servers.
Gornall43mx

Post by Gornall43mx »

Yeah I will be around to do that. Let me know exactly what you need me to do. Thanks