Install to D: How to Change Install and AppData path to D: instead of default C:

Post your questions here
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Install to D: How to Change Install and AppData path to D: instead of default C:

Post by clw1115934 »

Title says it all, I want to have my 100s of gigs of MXS files stored in a folder on my D: drive. I've tried installing the game to the D: but it still looks in C:\\Users\xxx\AppData for my files. How can I change this path?

Thanks
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Re: Install to D: How to Change Install and AppData path to D: instead of default C:

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

There's two different folders. One of them is where you actually installed your game. There should be the default files and such in there. Usually that's where I'll put all my downloaded things into. The second folder is the C://Users/NameHere/Appdata. This is the folder that typically all your screenshots and demos should be saved in. The only reason I ever go to that folder is to just get screenshots or demos. As long as you installed your game to the directory that you specified it to (the D: drive), you should be all good to put your skins and stuff in there. This is also the directory that you want to put new snapshots in. As far as I'm aware you cannot change the Appdata Path, but you can change where you want your skins to be and stuff.

Maybe a little confusing, but hope this helped.
shanebell
Team: Privateer

Re: Install to D: How to Change Install and AppData path to D: instead of default C:

Post by shanebell »

jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.
clw1115934
Team: DABS

Post by clw1115934 »

Thanks for the replies.

I got it to work by moving all of my files into the Program Files (x86) folder. I tried to do nested folders but some of my textures were missing, so all of the files are inside the MX Simulator folder with only Track folders inside that folder.
Gucci#9473