Full and Restricted lock speed

Post your questions here
chandonesia21
Team: Privateer

Full and Restricted lock speed

Post by chandonesia21 »

"When you're between the full and restricted speeds, it will interpolate using the inverse of the speed." -jlv

Hey jlv you posted this a while back and I have a question about it. First of all, I just started playing in December '17 and am so glad to be involved in this awesome community. If you do enough searching for your questions before posting it you will 99% of the time get the answer you want, and I have learned almost everything I wanted and needed to know about this game since I started thanks to the community.

Anyways to my question. The full and restricted lock speed settings are still confusing me. I feel I did enough searching but still don't have the answer or explanation I want. I understand you saying that at the full lock speed it starts limiting the steering before maxing out at the restricted lock speed to whatever you set the restricted angle to. What I don't understand is what exactly you mean by interpolating using the inverse of the speed while you are between the full and restricted speed.

Base settings
10 Full
50 Restricted
15 Angle

So I'm going 30 ft/s which is halfway between 10 and 50, is my angle going to be restricted halfway to its max set value which is 7.5? Or is it increasing in a different manner? Am I already understanding it the right way?

Sorry for lengthy post but I wanted to make sure I was understood and hopefully am!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Full and Restricted lock speed

Post by jlv »

The inverses are 1/10 (.1) and 1/50 (.02). The midpoint of the inverses would be .06 which comes out to 16.67 feet/second when you invert it back. At that speed the lock will halfway between 15 and 90 degrees (52.5).

Basically what it's trying to do is choose an angle that gives you a steady roll rate. It has to use the inverse for that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
chandonesia21

Post by chandonesia21 »

Thank you for the fully detailed response.

So to clarify for myself, the halfway lock of 52.5 degrees at 16.67 ft/s means that I still can turn my bars 26.25 degrees in either direction at that speed gradually decreasing the angle until I reach my restricted lock speed of 50 ft/s and at that speed I would only be able to turn my bars 7.5 degrees in either direction?

Absolutely love the game, you are amazing for what you've accomplished and thank you for taking the time out of your day to still help people out understanding the more technical settings like myself.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, I mixed that up. The degrees are from center and full lock should have been 45 degrees. So it'd be 30 degrees at 16.67 f/s.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
chandonesia21

Post by chandonesia21 »

Awesome makes perfect sense now, thank you.