I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Post your questions here
User avatar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby sethiemeboi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:34 pm

First thing i'd like to point out is that i'm not really too upset about this problem, but i just kinda want to have a better understanding on why it's happening to me. This isn't a 1 time thing either, this happens to me every 9/10 times i actually play. Also side note, if you say anything about how my suspension is bad, i'm going to nut in your mouth because it's not



once again, not complaining, just interested in learning about why it's happening
Image

User avatar
yzmxer608
Posts: 15256
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
Team: Race Tech/SD
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby yzmxer608 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:43 pm

Someone saying your suspension is "bad" is subjective as all hell. It might work really good everywhere but you could have the problem in your video.

I would say just by watching the video that your shock is too soft (low damping, low spring rate, or low preload) or your rider vertical settings are too "loose" (too low vertical damping).

I've found if you keep the vertical damping higher, the rider can absorb more impact than lower damping. Your seat bouncing ability or absorption through the whoops will decrease though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby sethiemeboi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:09 pm

yzmxer608 wrote:Someone saying your suspension is "bad" is subjective as all hell. It might work really good everywhere but you could have the problem in your video.

I would say just by watching the video that your shock is too soft (low damping, low spring rate, or low preload) or your rider vertical settings are too "loose" (too low vertical damping).

I've found if you keep the vertical damping higher, the rider can absorb more impact than lower damping. Your seat bouncing ability or absorption through the whoops will decrease though.


my rider vertical/forward stuff goes:

100
35
100
30

i'll try to test some different suspension as well
Image

User avatar
yzmxer608
Posts: 15256
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
Team: Race Tech/SD
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby yzmxer608 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:44 pm

To start try raising both dampings to at least 45, anything under than I feel you fall off to easy.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.

User avatar
KTM57
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Adept
Location: TX

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby KTM57 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:56 pm

You could try clearing the jump.

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby sethiemeboi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:00 pm

KTM57 wrote:You could try clearing the jump.

that's what i'm trying to point out here, i clipped it out by 3 inches and died, while i could frame an sx triple and be just fine.

i mean, you can't possibly tell me that coming up that short and crashing is reasonable
Image

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: NovaGFX
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby dawsonsleeper » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:38 am

KTM57 wrote:You could try clearing the jump.

lol

User avatar
nickuzick
Posts: 2967
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby nickuzick » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:52 am

sit down
Image

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12864
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby jlv » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:57 am

I admit that one looks bad. I don't think the impact got you so much as the acceleration afterwards. Probably wouldn't have happened with the clutch in.

I wish I could make it always be fair. It's hard because sometimes weird little things will make as much force as a huge hit.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby sethiemeboi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:58 am

jlv wrote:I admit that one looks bad. I don't think the impact got you so much as the acceleration afterwards. Probably wouldn't have happened with the clutch in.

I wish I could make it always be fair. It's hard because sometimes weird little things will make as much force as a huge hit.


I'm not really too mad about this because i know the only reason it happened was because i decided to mess the turn up and still try and huck it. Oh well i guess, all games have little bugs that you just can't fix
Image

User avatar
Ktmrdr11
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:25 am
Team: I think Vurb
Location: Joplin, MO

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby Ktmrdr11 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:20 pm

I tend to have this problem too but only with on offs like you said i can frame a triple and be fine but if my back tire just comes an inch short im fooked. Have noticed if im gonna land like that if i tap the back brake and just land on the front wheel i can case it normally but i run my forks pretty stiff so it might just be taking most of the initial force/hit.

User avatar
dawsonsleeper
Posts: 702
Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 2:23 am
Team: NovaGFX
Location: Alaska
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby dawsonsleeper » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:31 pm

jlv wrote:I admit that one looks bad. I don't think the impact got you so much as the acceleration afterwards. Probably wouldn't have happened with the clutch in.

I wish I could make it always be fair. It's hard because sometimes weird little things will make as much force as a huge hit.

i noticed this too, if i come up an inch short and land on the gas, im fucked. but if i land like that without touching my throttle, then hitting the gas after I almost always survive.

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby sethiemeboi » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 pm

jlv wrote:I admit that one looks bad. I don't think the impact got you so much as the acceleration afterwards. Probably wouldn't have happened with the clutch in.

I wish I could make it always be fair. It's hard because sometimes weird little things will make as much force as a huge hit.


does bottoming out your suspension make you crash?
Image

jlv
Site Admin
Posts: 12864
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:39 am
Team: No Frills Racing
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby jlv » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:39 am

It doesn't make any special consideration for bottomed out, but that will add more force. The criteria to toss the rider is based on the force required to hold the rider on the bike and the relative velocity between the rider and bike. Landing with the clutch in is probably the safest if you think you're in danger.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.

User avatar
sethiemeboi
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:17 pm
Team: VlastMX
Location: Right Behind You....
Contact:

Re: I would like to be educated on whatever this nonsense it

Postby sethiemeboi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:19 am

KTM57 wrote:You could try clearing the jump.

Image
Image


Return to “Help / Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests