Lag issue with MXS after clean windows installation

Post your questions here
boettcher450
Team: Privateer

Lag issue with MXS after clean windows installation

Post by boettcher450 »

Hey guys,

I got stuck in a boot loop trying to downgrade my build version of windows, and long story short had to reformat my computer. I've been having a weird issue with the newest version and snapshot, where when I get into a game it shows ~60fps and about 30 seconds later it jumps up to 125fps but is so laggy it seems like 30fps. Recorded gpu and cpu results after this happened and they seemed to be normal? Vsync and threaded optimization are both off. 4gb GTX 1050Ti with 32gb ram. More than capable of running 125fps on most tracks like it was before the reinstall of windows. Any help?
boettcher450

Re: Lag issue with MXS after clean windows installation

Post by boettcher450 »

Update: So after messing around in the nvidia control panel, if I chose the preferred graphics processor option to my 1050Ti for the MXS program, it would lag like I was saying. However when I choose "use global setting" (integrated intel HD 630) it runs only at about 50fps, but is smooth enough to play. :|
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Might be a dumb question but did you install the newest graphics drivers? Also set your power management mode to "prefer maximum performance".
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
boettcher450

Post by boettcher450 »

yzmxer608 wrote:Might be a dumb question but did you install the newest graphics drivers? Also set your power management mode to "prefer maximum performance".
Yep have done both.. I even tried going back a few versions of nvidia's drivers to see if it conflicted with the newest windows build.
boettcher450

Post by boettcher450 »

Anyone?! I think I'm having sim withdrawals... :x
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

What does /fpshist say?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
boettcher450

Post by boettcher450 »

Just ran it again with the newest driver updates. At jgmx fun track, it reads ~60fps and after gate drop in the first corner it jumps up to 125fps. But then the entire game is then laggy even the chat and interface in general. Reading came back to be:

128=1019 64=24 32=2195 16=1 8=0 4=0 2=0 1=1
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

You're getting a lot of 32 fps frames. Does it help if you set "ground texture levels" to 0?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
boettcher450

Post by boettcher450 »

I'm not sure what's going on, but that's exactly what I needed! I changed it to 0, it ran 125fps no problem. Switched it back up to 9 and I'm still at 125, with fpshist ranging from 5000-11000 for 128 frames depending on the track. Game is back how it was before the reinstall of windows. Thanks JLV!!
boettcher450

Post by boettcher450 »

So I just found out it must have something to do with my monitor. I have a Asus ROG gaming laptop and it runs sim perfectly fine on the display. However, when I switch to my LED AOC monitor via hdmi, it starts doing the same thing as mentioned in the original post. I'm assuming it has to do with my gpu not switching over when connected? Any other ideas?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If turning ground texure levels all the way down stops it it's a problem with rendering into textures. Might help to switch the terrain rendering mode to "copy" instead of "direct" or vice versa.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com