Multiplayer --> Players disappear after few seconds

Post your questions here
Alex Scros
Team: Privateer

Multiplayer --> Players disappear after few seconds

Post by Alex Scros »

Hi guys,

I didnt find any thread about this topic. When i start the multiplayer race, after a few seconds all riders disappear. I still can see them riding on the map. But the board shows up that Im on the first place with 0,0 seconds lead.
I even cannot use the chat anymore. At least my messages are just not arriving.
I dont think its a problem about my internet connection. my internet usually works very well and i have 60.000 kb/s.

Does anyone has a solution ? I wanna race :D just started playing since 7 month :D
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Multiplayer --> Players disappear after few seconds

Post by jlv »

Sounds like this problem. There's a workaround for it. I just haven't switched the servers over yet.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motonick34

Post by motonick34 »

im having this same issue. load track, can see and hear players, can ride, then after 5 seconds the other players are gone. i see them on the track map frozen and i can see their ghosts frozen in place.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Does it happen on elsinore.mxsimulator.com? That server has a workaround for the ISP dropping short packets problem. But since you say the other bikes stop moving, it's likely that something is dropping all of your packets which is not something I'll be able to work around.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motonick34

Post by motonick34 »

Yes it did. Happened on several servers. I kept trying over and over and eventually it worked itself out. Not sure what "fixed" it. Thanks though