New to the Game, Need Help Figuring out Skins

Post your questions here
HOBOS CAN FLY

New to the Game, Need Help Figuring out Skins

Post by HOBOS CAN FLY »

Hi,
I am very new to Mx Sim, and I've had it for about a week now. I am getting very confused when I look up tutorials on how to install skins and tracks due to the fact that some people tell you to use your personal folder, and others tell you to use your x(86) folder. I have put my tracks and skins in my x(86) folder and they seem to work fine, but I want to know if that's the wrong way of doing it, and if it may come back to bite me later. I am also confused about how to install things like boots, goggles, etc. where I can't find any tutorials. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and respond.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: New to the Game, Need Help Figuring out Skins

Post by jlv »

You should use the install / program files folder for most stuff. The only exception is tracks you want to use the built in editor on. The game can't write to the program files folder so in that case you need to use the personal / localappdata folder so the game can save its changes.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Re: New to the Game, Need Help Figuring out Skins

Post by Andy_Hack »

Back when I first got the game, I used my x86 folder to put all my skins and tracks in, but it got all messy. When I bought a new computer I switched to the Personal Folder and I gotta say I like it more. It keeps the game itself and all the mods seperated. In the end it's up to you and your preferrance ;)
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like