Beginner's guide to customization

Post your questions here
postier105
Team: Privateer

Beginner's guide to customization

Post by postier105 »

Is there a simple tutorial somewhere that explains all the file types, how to edit a psd, upload the .saf files to the game, etc.? I have been looking for a beginner's page but don't see anything anywhere. It seems that more times than not the files will not load into the game when I take the exact steps.
DesertRider83

Re: Beginner's guide to customization

Post by DesertRider83 »

From what I could find, Start Your Systems has the easiest one to understand. Here's a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRptlQk ... -1m&t=206s

If that doesn't help, I can try and explain it to you, just pm me, or add me on discord @ N. Vander Weerd#9214

P.S.

They also have a track making series if you want to learn about that too. Here's their whole tutorial playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6Hm1FJP-1m
postier105

Post by postier105 »

Thanks for the response. That was definitely helpful. Do you have any idea why some .saf files will work in game and others won't? It seems more often than not that the skins I find do not actually appear in the game.
Kasper Laustsen

Post by Kasper Laustsen »

postier105 wrote:Thanks for the response. That was definitely helpful. Do you have any idea why some .saf files will work in game and others won't? It seems more often than not that the skins I find do not actually appear in the game.
Do you have the latest Update/Snapshot ?

Snapshot: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48421

To install the snapshot go to your location with the mx.exe fiel rename the old mx.exe to something like "mx1.exe" then put the new snapshot in and rename that to mx.exe and use that to open the game instead of the old one since it has newer bike (2016, 2017 and 2018)
DesertRider83

Post by DesertRider83 »

postier105 wrote:Thanks for the response. That was definitely helpful. Do you have any idea why some .saf files will work in game and others won't? It seems more often than not that the skins I find do not actually appear in the game.

A lot of the times, the files are named incorrectly. If it has to with bikes not showing up at all, then Kasper is right about the snapshot. Usually they’re on a new dyno, and I don’t think the game comes with the latest snapshot installed (could be completely wrong).
postier105

Post by postier105 »

Thanks. I do have the latest snapshot it looks like so I don't think that is the issue. I am not sure if they files are maybe mapped to another bike in the game? Example, I select 2018 yz250f but maybe the bike is actually set up like a suzuki with Yamaha plastics? I thought I read something about that somewhere.
DesertRider83

Post by DesertRider83 »

postier105 wrote:Thanks. I do have the latest snapshot it looks like so I don't think that is the issue. I am not sure if they files are maybe mapped to another bike in the game? Example, I select 2018 yz250f but maybe the bike is actually set up like a suzuki with Yamaha plastics? I thought I read something about that somewhere.

Yeah. You can use a Yamaha model on a Suzuki dyno. It all depends on how it’s named. Public bikes are usually on the sxf or fc dynos, as they’re the most popular. If you can’t find it in game at all, the file is probably named incorrectly, which is usually an easy fix.