Sand not sandy and cameras no worky??

Post your questions here
Ru5tyNut5
Team: Privateer

Sand not sandy and cameras no worky??

Post by Ru5tyNut5 »

I'm sure I did something wrong, I'm old so computers and I don't get along well, but all of the sudden sand seems to have the same traction as everything else and the cameras I added to my custom track are no longer working when I try to watch the playback. I checked the "cameras" file in my track folder and they're all still there but for whatever reason they aren't working. Also when I go into the editor now and look at the tiles they all just look white whereas before there was brown, tan, green, and white. I did go in and delete some files off my computer that I didn't think were related to anything, one in particular called "motocross". While I still am not convinced it's related, seems to be an odd coincidence. I also downloaded the new snapshot and added it at the same time so could have something to do with that? Is there a file somewhere that I need to re-download that would affect both of these things no longer working?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Sand not sandy and cameras no worky??

Post by jlv »

Is the version number at the lower right of the screen correct?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Ru5tyNut5

Post by Ru5tyNut5 »

2018-05-25-1405 snapshot
Ru5tyNut5

Post by Ru5tyNut5 »

before that it said 'version 1.12' or something like that so this is different than what I'm used to, not sure if it's correct or not.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

That should be fine. I thought you might be using an ancient exe that didn't support camera files.

My guess is you installed the snapshot somewhere besides your original install folder. The game uses whatever folder the exe is in as the install folder, so if you switched folders the game won't see the files from the original folder.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.