Random Frame Lag

Post your questions here
Crushed Dissenter

Random Frame Lag

Post by 808 »

Out of nowhere I started experiencing super bad and super frequent frame drops in sim. I'd be sitting on the gate with constant 125 fps, but then i'd start going and all of a sudden my frames start shooting from 125 to 35 over and over again, i'd say at least 2 or 3 times per second. YES all of my drivers are updated, yes i reset my pc. What do I do
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Random Frame Lag

Post by 808 »

Just noticed that it's even doing it in the menu lol tf
James_122 wrote:The old folks home should limit you fossils on how much internet time you get a day. Hopefully they mashed your turkey meat up enough so you can chew it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Probably a background process slowing it down. Try disabling any startup programs you don't need.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Crushed Dissenter

Post by 808 »

Played around with my settings and I guess the terrain rendering method I usually use which would be shaders/copy, no longer works for me. Changed that and now it works just fine. Kinda odd, sorry for the wasted post.