Karma i guess

Post your questions here
D_ROY178

Karma i guess

Post by D_ROY178 »

ok i posted in off topic as a joke but now somethings broken.

https://gyazo.com/2f1900375bb2261dc0d2931b0859d963
D_ROY178

Re: Karma i guess

Post by D_ROY178 »

Literally 5 minutes away from finishing MEC and sim does this.
Jakob Hubbard
Team: Phil's

Post by Jakob Hubbard »

D_ROY178 wrote:Literally 5 minutes away from finishing MEC and sim does this.
Imma keep it real with you chief, with almost 2 years of building tracks I've never seen this happen. You use editor right?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Maybe a bad decal. Try backing up the decals file and starting with a empty file. Then replace the decals half at a time to binary search your way to the bad one. I.e. first replace half of them, if it works add another 25% if it doesn't remove 25% and so on.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Jakob Hubbard wrote:
D_ROY178 wrote:Literally 5 minutes away from finishing MEC and sim does this.
Imma keep it real with you chief, with almost 2 years of building tracks I've never seen this happen. You use editor right?
Yea I was placing some Tuffys and it full just broke. Tracks done but everyone gets to enjoy it expect me :(
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

jlv wrote:Maybe a bad decal. Try backing up the decals file and starting with a empty file. Then replace the decals half at a time to binary search your way to the bad one. I.e. first replace half of them, if it works add another 25% if it doesn't remove 25% and so on.
I don’t think it’s just the track, my map, pitboard, tach, and my pause menu are all black now
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Probably a bad texture on one of the tuf blocks then. It affects the other stuff because the game thinks it doesn't have to switch back to the plain shader because the norm or spec map is null. I should probably reset that no matter what since it's not a big fps win to avoid one shader change. Anyway, it's a bug in your track triggering a bug in the game.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
D_ROY178

Post by D_ROY178 »

Update: replaced the tuff block diffuse, norm, spec with the white gp ones and we all good. thx Jlv :)